PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day.

Bog
05-26-2008, 04:42 PM
I don't see a thread about it here, so I'm just going to copy-paste from the ol' blog and slap it down here... because it's important.

I'm working like stink. I'm working on animations that further the cause of human science, that strive towards cheap, plentiful fusion power for all. I'm also parallelling a job that does nothing good for the world, but lines my pockets with harmless, enjoyable entertainment.

I'm working like stink on Memorial Day.

I'm running a small business that I've built with my own two hands and my own brain. I'm free to say what I will, I'm free to engage anyone I want to - and to turn down who I don't want to work with. I'm free to persue personal gain, I'm free to follow my dreams, I'm free to charge less if I think a job is worthy, as I am with the fusion research job - or more if I don't feel like working weekends or public holidays.

I'm free to do this because young men fought and died in numbers I can't grasp emotionally. I'm free because kids were put in situations which would make my crap my kecks, and in those situations they stood and they fought.

I'm free because of people who, if they're lucky, are veterans today. Too many of them weren't lucky enough to be that.

Thank you. Thank you one, thank you all.

I remember.

RudySchneider
05-26-2008, 04:57 PM
AMEN, brother, AMEN.

GandB
05-26-2008, 10:11 PM
Rest in Peace, to all those who've fallen....in defense of their Country.