PDA

View Full Version : FPRime alpha layer.....where is it?

sean hargreaves
05-26-2008, 03:50 PM
Hi guys,

Where the heck is the alpha layer in my FPrime render? I checked the Alpha button in the FPrime render window, but when I open the render in Photoshop there is only one layer. I save the image as a .PSD file.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks!

irenderlw
05-26-2008, 07:18 PM
Look under the channels tab in Photoshop.

sean hargreaves
05-26-2008, 07:45 PM
WOW! Renderlw, thanks!!!!! :D:D:thumbsup:

praa
06-04-2008, 07:42 AM
it would e nica to be able to save photoshop 32 bit depth files

Pamela G. Juust
11-19-2011, 08:53 AM
Hello everyone!

I have an alpha issue with Fprime and thought this thread would be suitable to post in instead of making a new one.

when i render out a tga sequence from lightwave and open it in After Effects, i can't make the alpha channel look right. I always get this white edge around my image no matter what premultiplication options i use. So the problem looks to be with lightwave or fprime.

I have a light blue backdrop in layout, about the same color as i want the final sky to be.

here's a frame from After Effects, so you know what i'm talking about.
http://i.imgur.com/LT4m0.jpg

Hope anyone has ideas how to get a nice clean alpha out. Its probably something silly im overlooking because i've used fprime with alpha before with no problems.

dwburman
11-19-2011, 11:18 AM
You could render in LightWave with the unpremultiply alpha setting (Render Global Options>Output>Alpha Format) and bring it in (Interpret it) as a straight alpha in AE.

You could also try to bring it in as Premultiplied in AE, but pick the sky color as the premultiply color instead of black.

Normally, premultiply expects a black background and you're getting a halo around your objects because AE is compensating for a black background when the background is much lighter.

You could make a plain black image and add it as the background in the compositing panel. This will be invisible to the ray tracing and radiosity, but will render with a solid black background that is suitable to use with a premultiplied alpha channel.