PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter actor Robert Knox has been stabbed to death

lesterfoster
05-25-2008, 06:28 PM
This is not true. Is it?

I donít know what to say. :cry: How can something like this happen?.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23757536-663,00.html

rakker16mm
05-25-2008, 11:00 PM
That is very sad news. I feel bad for the family.

Red_Oddity
05-26-2008, 02:41 AM
Sad indeed, but i have to agree with the Hertzfeldt banana.

Matt
05-26-2008, 02:47 AM
Are you going to write about each and every person getting stabbed each day, or is this one particularly sad because it's an actor? Just curious... he wasn't even a well known actor to the general public of planet earth.

Just a few days ago I could read in the papers about a 17 year old girl who got stabbed and her throat slashed by an ex boyfriend in a fit of jealousy

I don't want to appear unsympathetic, but I agree with Neverko here, it's a similar situation to when a child goes missing, if they're cute looking and from a nice family, the media are all over it (i.e. Madeleine McCann) but if the child is not so cute (or dare I even say of ethnic origin) and from a poor family, you hear nothing of it in the media, they latch on to stories that they can 'sell'. It's a sad situation.

On the flipside, if the fact that he was in a well loved film brings about some sort of change, then some good may come from it.

But, my custom Google homepage has international and local news right there, I don't really need to hear about it on my favourite 3D forum.

As I said, I don't want to come across as unsympathetic, any loss of life is sad.

Matt

COBRASoft
05-26-2008, 02:54 AM
Here in Belgium we know all about missing children and child abuse... It is always sad news, no matter where on the planet.

RIP

meshpig
05-26-2008, 04:12 AM
-"no newls is bettir than evil newls" (King James 1).

Bog
05-26-2008, 04:14 AM
Yeah, pretty much with Neverko on this one. Any person dying - particularly in such a pointless, utterly stupid manner is saddenning. On the 2nd of May, a 17-year-old was stabbed to death outside a nightclub just here in Reading. Anyone else hear about it? Didn't think so. Less tragic? More? Or just another symptom of the sick, sad world we live in? Answers on a postcard...

Iain
05-26-2008, 04:15 AM
What difference does it make that he was in Harry Potter?
Not far from where this happened, another boy was killed two weeks ago.

Every bit as sad.

Then you look at what's happening in China (for example).

jburford
05-29-2008, 08:06 AM
Have to fully agree with Neverko, Iain and the others! Tragic and sad, but not different that sadly happens to tons of other "normal" people each year. . .

loki74
05-30-2008, 10:52 PM
It's sad.

As far as his status as an actor, I don't think that makes it any more--OR less--sad.

Just because there are that many unheard tragedies does not mean that we shouldn't feel sad for the one tragedy we do hear about, regardless of why we heard about it.

But the point is valid; my prayers also go to the "silent" victims, for lack of a better expression....