PDA

View Full Version : Need help with morph maps

elephantparade
05-25-2008, 05:07 AM
I'm a bit new to this. I'm creating a bunch of morph maps for the mouth shapes of a character and wondering if anyone knows of a way to use an existing map as a template for a new one rather than the base form?

meshpig
05-25-2008, 06:10 AM
Not sure what you mean. Assign an existing map to deform the object for you?

-Try BKG to morph, so long as the object in the layer beneath has the same number of vertices.

-You aren't restricted to point mode when you modify the object. You can use all the modeling tools in any mode. When you make the new map it reverts to base so you can make another one.

Hope that helps?

m

evenflcw
05-25-2008, 06:13 AM
The is an Apply Morph command and you can use all vertex map functions aswell, ie Copy Vertex Map.

elephantparade
05-25-2008, 06:24 AM
Thanks a lot, I'll give those a try.

SplineGod
05-25-2008, 11:08 AM
I'm a bit new to this. I'm creating a bunch of morph maps for the mouth shapes of a character and wondering if anyone knows of a way to use an existing map as a template for a new one rather than the base form?

Endomorphs are additive so generally you dont have to create a new morph that is the end of another morph.

evenflcw
05-25-2008, 12:28 PM
Endomorphs themselves aren't additive, they are infact relative (to the base). MorphMixer, however applies/mixes them additively.
Sorry for the nitpick.