PDA

View Full Version : how to achieve photorealistic aluminium on objts

roblematic
05-24-2008, 05:09 PM
hi,wavers, im new in lw. may any one gime tips on how to achieve, aluminium texture, i modeled a tap for bathroom n don knw how 2mke texture look photorealistic, woul apreciat help thnx

Steamthrower
05-24-2008, 06:19 PM
Conductor node would be your answer here!

Not sure just how familiar you are with LW...however take a look at this screenshot to get you started.

StudioBOZON
05-25-2008, 04:50 AM
Yes, the node editor would be the best. I played some with the material node, but i didn't get the material i wanted, I found better to use shader nodes and they render much faster. It depends on a surfaces specifications. Trace how it's made, how many layers is there in a real surface. For example, if U would like to do a rim (a car wheel rim) usualy there are two layers - one is a layer of root material - shiny aluminium with very blury reflections, and the second layer would be the transparent laquer, witch has some sharp reflections, but due to its transparency the reflections are very dimm (but still sharp).

from the shader nodes pick some reflection nodes - one ani-reflections and one reflection. then pic a mixer from tools and mix these two together (ani-reflections as the teh Bg Color) , lets say 50%. for the anirefelction node use some realy high values of anisotropy - 500% should be enough. Connect the mixer to reflection shading. Thats all in node editor. Now make some gradients in reflections and diffuse (in surface panel). Remember that usualy aluminium, has very sharp diffuse values and as it is an anisotropic surface - the reflections won't change too much in any angle. So, in the reflections gradient - make a very high value (150%) in an 90 deg section, decrease it in 80% section to 30% to 40% and the 0% section - make it to 30% too. Copy this layer and paste it in diffuse layer, but set it too negative. PRESTO! turn on alle the rendering options and some Radiosity, turn of all the lights and some HDR map for the environment.

Check out this (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83712) post, the car wheels are made like this way.

Play with the settings in Node editor to get some different types of aluminium materials.

Have fun! :jam:

roblematic
05-30-2008, 10:29 AM
wowooooo, guys i do not kw how to thank, bu i will thank by practicin more n more, keep on the good attention to needers, thankx