PDA

View Full Version : Applying texture/color maps.. bit confused

Algae998
05-22-2008, 12:20 PM
Hello all,
Alright so this is more experiment stuff for workflow from Zbrush to Lightwave for rendering.

If Ive already created my UVs in Zbrush (that export with the model), exported the displacement and normal maps...what do I do with the color map that is converted to texture map (.psd)?
Does this map get applied somewhere in the surface editor, or in the nodes editor on the model...similar to the displacement?

Im just trying to figure out how to use all of these maps! haha.

JeffrySG
05-23-2008, 03:00 PM
If you have a color map you'll need to apply it using a UV map onto the object. I usually use the nodes, so you'll want to set up the surface (Q key) and then use an image map with the correct UV map (on the mapping area). Also, you might want to open that PSD file and save a copy as a PNG file.

Here's a little screen grab of the nodes. You'll need to load your color image and then pick your UV map in the mapping area. Also if you're going to use the nodes, don't forget to check the box next to the 'edit nodes' button on the surface editor.

Algae998
05-23-2008, 07:02 PM
Seems relatively straight forward :) I gotta try it out late. Thanks for the help!