PDA

View Full Version : Audio keeps playing????

swingrays
05-22-2008, 08:45 AM
A student of mine is animating a lip synch. He has the audio file loaded, but as he is using the arrow key to advance to the next frame the audio wants to start playing on its own! It'll play roughly 3 seconds then stop! It just starts going by itself. I just tried having him turn down the subpatch divs and bounding box, but to no avail.

Any idea why this is occurring???

Surrealist.
05-22-2008, 08:52 AM
Mac or PC?

swingrays
05-22-2008, 09:39 AM
Pc

Surrealist.
05-22-2008, 09:42 AM
What happens when you just scrub it manually or press play?

And have you tried to restart LW and try it again?

swingrays
05-22-2008, 12:24 PM
It will work ok for a bit then starts up again after scrubbing. Even the buttons do it. Restarting didn't do anything either. It was happening yesterday to him as well.

swing

Surrealist.
05-22-2008, 06:25 PM
I have never heard of this before, but from the sound of it, no pun intended, it could very well be a sound card issue with that computer.

The only other thing I can think of as a solution is to delete the LW config. That will wipe out any custom menu configurations and extra plugins will have to be reloaded. So save your menu config first. But that will get you back to scratch as far as LW is concerned. If that does not work, calling tech support for any issues with your sound card is all I can think of off hand.