PDA

View Full Version : Texturing help

zippitt
05-22-2008, 12:27 AM
So I am finally messing around with texturing and I am trying to get things looking real as possible.

I thought it would be fun to just render some high quality images of some pencils laying on the table.

Is it typically better to go with procedural textures for close up high quality images over textures?

For wood textures what is best for accurate rendering? So far I am using a Minnarent node, image node, and a anisotropic node on top of the surface node with a UV texture.

It just seems even with radiosity on with a single area light things are still looking a bit plastic. Yeah I know it's a very basic setup, I will eventually try with a dome and possible HDR or just more lights.

Really I think I just need a good tut on texturing. Maybe just an example of someone elses nodes for a wood setup texture.

meshpig
05-22-2008, 06:22 AM
So I am finally messing around with texturing and I am trying to get things looking real as possible.

The node editor is just that. An alternative way to compute the components of the surface editor... go through the surface editor first.

m