PDA

View Full Version : Using Windows Registered LW on Mac

tsunez
05-21-2008, 09:58 PM
Hello,

There's probably a million posts about this but I wasn't able to find any direct answers when I did a quick search.

I have been using LW for a couple of years on Windows. Currently I'm at version 9.3 and I want to use my copy of LW on my Mac. My dongle reports a different Lock ID on my Mac then in Windows. When I go to the 'my products' area of the NewTek site my license is associated with my Windows Lock ID.

Does anyone know if this can be fixed or do I need to buy a new license? I sent NewTek an email on their custom service site a few days about but I have never received a response. Actually I tried to resolve this about a year ago and I gave but I really want to be able to use LW on my Mac!

Thanks you.

BigHache
05-21-2008, 11:59 PM
You'll need to register the dongle on a Mac, and then get a Mac serial number associated with that dongle and the product number. You should be able to do that by yourself online through LW.

BeeVee
05-22-2008, 07:08 AM
1. Login to the Registration system at http://register.newtek.com;
2. Go to My Products;
3. Copy the LightWave v9 serial number from there;
4. Go back to My Home and register a new LightWave 3D;
5. Paste the serial number you copied and you will be presented with a page where the licence you already registered is filled in, but there are empty cases for the other two platforms. Make sure you verify that the dongle number is correct for the platform you are registering.

B

tsunez
05-22-2008, 09:53 AM
Thanks for responses.

Actually I did what BeeVee said. The problem is when I registered my serial number with the dongle ID I messed up and used the dongle ID for windows shows instead of the one I get for my Mac. I don't remember the exact details of why I did this, it was about a year ago when I first switched to Mac.

I can see that my serial number is registered for the Mac on the "my products" screen. The problem is it's registered with my Windows dongle ID :)

Does that make sense?

Phil
05-23-2008, 01:08 AM
Ping cs(at)newtek.com and they should be able to sort you out. Or phone them.

tsunez
05-24-2008, 12:44 AM
I just gave NewTek customer service a call. They did a great job and had it fixed in about 2 minutes. Thanks everyone!