PDA

View Full Version : Dve Icons

Laurence Winsto
07-24-2003, 05:41 AM
Have happily created some DVE's with Aura:D now, how do I place an icon or even a txt so that I can see it once selected on the toaster switcher??:confused:

Michael Englyst
07-24-2003, 06:56 AM
There's a DVE icon and rollover tutorial on my site: www.vtfx.com

Hope it works for you.

Laurence Winsto
07-24-2003, 07:06 PM
Thanks,
It should all happen, except I din't have a new tek info file in my directory, have added a folder and placed my files, dosn't work. yet..
In my`VT2 file bin my created DVE's are listed as unknown files and not dve.
any advice...

Michael Englyst
07-24-2003, 07:13 PM
Do your DVE's have the .dve extension? I'm not sure this is a demand but it never hurts to try to rename it to [insert name here].dve

If you place your cursor over the file in the VT filebin do you see the timecode running below the DVE? If not it's probaply not generated correctly.

I've used the tutorial to make DVE icons and rollovers for my DVE's and it works very nice.

Laurence Winsto
07-25-2003, 12:45 AM
mmmm..... Thanks for the info. No timecode runs on when holding the mouse over the file?

I built the dve' using VT WipeBuilder in Aura, I dont think I dont think I missed anything there.

I'll try again

tmon
10-31-2003, 02:25 PM
I went through the Tute as well (thanks, all).

I had to double check the names of the extensions, and the proper NewTek Info folder location.

It works for me now.

Thanks for the Tutorial!

tmon
10-31-2003, 09:25 PM
FYI, using the same TGA's that NewTek provided with the DVE Creation Kit, "Icon_Source1" and "Icon_Source2,"
the 80x60 size provides for animated icons that seem smaller than the ones that NewTek created.

I tried 90x60, but they still seem smaller than the NewTek ones. I'll have to experiment a bit more with this....

Steve?

SBowie
11-01-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by taiji

I tried 90x60, but they still seem smaller than the NewTek ones. I'll have to experiment a bit more with this....

Steve? How'd you know I'd be reaing this? ;)

Anyway, I think 80x60 is correct, works fine here - the only thing I can think of off the top of my head is maybe that using the default .9 NTSC aspect ratio might be screwing you up, but I haven't time this AM to experiment with that.