PDA

View Full Version : Not Enough Memory Error

deadfly
05-20-2008, 10:11 PM
I am currently working on a large apartment site, and I have made 3 main objects. One is the buildings, and two landscape objects.

I put these two objects together in a scene, and went to Camera View in wireframe. I moved the camera towards the objects and I got a memory error. My left screen (which layout was running in) then went blank.

I understand I have too many poly's for my system to handle. But how do I overcome this problem, as I can reduce the poly count anymore. 32bit programs only have a maximum usage of 2gb, so is buying more ram (already have 4gb) a waste of money and time?

thanks in adavnce.

rwhunt99
05-22-2008, 07:14 PM
Do you have any idea how big is your scene?
you can check in the object properties panel and see what your subdvision is set at. Fom your description, it sounds like you might have them set at APS distance to camera. you could try lowering it a bit or switch to something else. Try to experiment to see just where your sytem starts to choke., you could try to do a segmented render, there are many variables to play with.

Some work arounds may include using sprite mode for vegetation.
You can try rendering at a lower resolution till you do get it and figure from there what you need to do to get where you want
:)