PDA

View Full Version : LW9 crack being sold openly online

NAS
05-19-2008, 07:57 PM
Link to Warez Site removed - Do not post such links on the forums - report them to NewTek Customer Services, and they will be passed to the appropriate management

Check out the link
I am a registered user of LW 8 and recieved an email to upgrade to 9 at massive discount
I hada look and it is blatantly somebody selling cracks of not only Newtek software but everything you can think of

I didn't know who to email at Newtek so hopefully somebody will see this post and take action

NAS

Puguglybonehead
05-19-2008, 10:08 PM
I would report it to Newtek's Customer Service

[email protected]

jin choung
05-19-2008, 10:45 PM
holy crap... for an alleged warez site, it looks remarkably professional and well designed... better than a lot of legitimate sites! they even have an "about us" link! lol....

well, if they're this open about it, i'm bettin' it's in a country where copyright laws are ... ehhhhhh.... under enforced.... but all the spelling and grammar looks good so i'm wonderin' where these guys are....

jin

ivanze
05-19-2008, 11:15 PM
After Effects CS3 is only $69.95. Like jin said that place is very well done.

mattclary
05-20-2008, 06:00 AM
Not much info on them, but it just got created yesterday. I darn sure wouldn't give them a credit card number!

http://who.godaddy.com/WhoIs.aspx?domain=mvmcyehagdklep.com&prog_id=godaddy

mattclary
05-20-2008, 06:06 AM
Sent e-mail to NewTek and MicroSoft, figure they won't be up long.

Actually, the MS form I had to fill out seemed to bounce. Oh well, their loss.

Autodesk is more user friendly, they just ask for a URL. And it went through.

JamesCurtis
05-20-2008, 06:17 AM
Maybe a "sting" operation to catch people who download shady and illegal goods? Just joking!!

But definately don't buy into this. For all you know, your credit card is charged for said item when you order, the item ends up being a trial version with no serial#'s, you find out and refute the fraudulent charge to your credit card, the site now has your credit card number and they use it for thier own needs like identity theft.

If it sounds too good to be true...

walfridson
05-20-2008, 06:24 AM
"it means that you do not receive a fancy package, a printed manual and license that actually aggregate the largest part of the retail price"
From the faq :)

JamesCurtis
05-20-2008, 06:36 AM
If NT were to investigate and they said this site was completely legit, I'd buy from them - but only then!!

cresshead
05-20-2008, 07:05 AM
also send an email to godaddy and they could close the site down.

AbnRanger
05-20-2008, 08:45 AM
"it means that you do not receive a fancy package, a printed manual and license that actually aggregate the largest part of the retail price"
From the faq :)So, they, an un-licensed reseller can sell you a download? I don't think so, partner. :tsktsk:
That's just a smoke screen to sell cracked copies, thinking guys like yourself will take it hook, line, and sinker.

voriax
05-20-2008, 08:56 AM
This line in the FAQ:

2.3. You cannot register the software with the manufacturer and updates are available not for all the products;

Steamthrower
05-20-2008, 08:57 AM
I don't think so, partner. That's just a smoke screen to sell cracked copies, thinking guys like yourself will take it hook, line, and sinker.

I think walfridson was pointing out just that...

Steamthrower
05-20-2008, 09:01 AM
I love this line in the FAQs:

I'm not able install the software purchased from and because it is too complicated. Refund me as I'm not going to try any longer.

The software offered at this site is simple and standard to install. Any software product with a complicated installation procedure is accompanied with the detailed installation guide. Following the steps of such instructions precisely you will feel no difficulties. Thus, all software is sold with the joint understanding that the customer possesses a basic knowledge of computer systems and software functionality. No returns will be accepted due to the inability of the user to understand and utilize the software because of a lack of knowledge of these basic computer functions.

AbnRanger
05-20-2008, 09:22 AM
I think walfridson was pointing out just that...Oh, sorry then...seemed like he was trying to justify why it was so cheap.I love this line in the FAQs:

I'm not able install the software purchased from and because it is too complicated. Refund me as I'm not going to try any longer.

The software offered at this site is simple and standard to install. Any software product with a complicated installation procedure is accompanied with the detailed installation guide. Following the steps of such instructions precisely you will feel no difficulties. Thus, all software is sold with the joint understanding that the customer possesses a basic knowledge of computer systems and software functionality. No returns will be accepted due to the inability of the user to understand and utilize the software because of a lack of knowledge of these basic computer functions. Definitely sounds like English is not their native language, even if there aren't any typo's...just word usage tips you off that it's not in the US or England, or Australia...to narrow the field a bit

JeffrySG
05-20-2008, 09:26 AM
Talk about CHUTZPAH!!!

That FAQ is pretty funny though!

seems like they are coming out of the Netherlands... or at least according to the domain info...

Registration Service Provided By: 0101DOMAIN

Domain Name: MVMCYEHAGDKLEP.COM

Registrant:
PrivacyProtect.org
Domain Admin ([email protected])
P.O. Box 97
All Postal Mails Rejected, visit Privacyprotect.org
Moergestel
null,5066 ZH
NL
Tel. +45.36946676

Creation Date: 19-May-2008
Expiration Date: 19-May-2009

Domain servers in listed order:
ns2.zabatut.mobi
ns1.zabatut.mobi

mattclary
05-20-2008, 09:27 AM
Maybe a "sting" operation to catch people who download shady and illegal goods? Just joking!!

But definately don't buy into this. For all you know, your credit card is charged for said item when you order, the item ends up being a trial version with no serial#'s, you find out and refute the fraudulent charge to your credit card, the site now has your credit card number and they use it for thier own needs like identity theft.

If it sounds too good to be true...

Dude, is there ANY doubt? ;) I could see some dumb kid thinking this is legit, but even he would have to be pretty clueless.

3DGFXStudios
05-20-2008, 09:44 AM
Crack=illegal........so you must be retarded to pay for it. you can download it for free on every p2p network available..........so where's the fuss about???

Lightwolf
05-20-2008, 10:25 AM
seems like they are coming out of the Netherlands... or at least according to the domain info...
That's just the service used to obfuscate the real domain owner:

PrivacyProtect.org is NOT the owner of any domain name.

Come to think if it, you can report the website on their homepage as well:

If any domain is engaged in spam, abuse or any illegal / unlawful activity you may report the same.

Cheers,
Mike

Weetos
05-20-2008, 11:14 AM
Yep - the server is located in china :

inetnum: 58.83.0.0 - 58.83.3.255
netname: yzgzynetwork---cn
descr: Yongzhou City Guangzhiyuan Technology Development Co., LTD
descr: Room 201, Hedong Businesstown, Lengshuitan, Yongzhou City, Hunan Province, China.
admin-c: HW542-AP
tech-c: HW542-AP
mnt-by: MAINT-CN-GUANGZHIYUAN
mnt-routes: MAINT-CNCGROUP-RR
changed: [email protected] 20060626
remarks: please send spam reports to [email protected]
notify: [email protected]
source: APNIC

person: Hanbo Wang
nic-hdl: HW542-AP
e-mail: [email protected]
address: Yongzhou city Guangzhiyuan Technology Co., LTD.
address: Room 201, Hedong Businesstown, Lengshuitan, Yongzhou City, Hunan Province, China.
phone: +86-746-8328995
fax-no: +86-746-8328995
changed: [email protected] 20070622
mnt-by: MAINT-CN-GUANGZHIYUAN
source: APNIC

I guess closing this site won't be a piece of cake :question:

Andyjaggy
05-20-2008, 11:45 AM
I love the "All rights reserved 2007" at the bottom. That is so ironic. ;)

Steamthrower
05-20-2008, 11:47 AM
The best hope of closing it would be to send a report to his hosting company, at [email protected], but being in China and all...

JeffrySG
05-20-2008, 12:55 PM
That's just the service used to obfuscate the real domain owner:
Mike
Cool... thanks for the correct info on that... :)

It's like the wild wild west with these sites.....

I'm sure if it gets taken down it will just be up at a different domain in a day...

Lightwolf
05-20-2008, 12:59 PM
It's like the wild wild west with these sites.....

The wild wild west is an afternoon walk in the park comared to that...

Cheers,
Mike

RollerJesus
05-20-2008, 01:18 PM
The wild wild west is an afternoon walk in the park comared to that...

...except warez doesn't kill people. (unless it has a Max-like interface)

Puguglybonehead
05-20-2008, 02:32 PM
I remember about 3 years ago, there was a warez seller like this on Ebay who kept popping up over and over. You'd message Ebay and they'd shut his account down, and they guy would be back again with a new account, within a day or two.

Lightwolf
05-20-2008, 02:37 PM
...except warez doesn't kill people. (unless it has a Max-like interface)
Lol... no, people kill people (unless... ?) ;)

Cheers,
Mike

Matt
05-20-2008, 04:03 PM
There are loads of sites like this, well designed to look legit, but any self-respecting computer user knows it's full of warez that you could as easily grab for free off the many p2p or torrent sites.

Unfortunately, there is little that can be done about it, take one down, another pops up.

Hopper
05-20-2008, 04:08 PM
I remember about 3 years ago, there was a warez seller like this on Ebay who kept popping up over and over. You'd message Ebay and they'd shut his account down, and they guy would be back again with a new account, within a day or two.
Maybe Bryphi moved to China? :D

jaf
05-20-2008, 05:21 PM
They must have had a politician write the "About Us" page. Lots of words that say nothing.

Steamthrower
05-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Unfortunately this stuff is so easy...pop a Joomla template in there, have a quick & wicked database of the "hot" software, and bingo, in 15 minutes you have an entire site. Taken down? Go to another of the 100,000 web hosts out there and set up a new one!

Hopefully everyone who gives their credit card to these guys are dumb enough to deserve it...

Jim M
05-21-2008, 12:19 AM
Great site name... pretty obviously scamworthy ********.

Steamthrower
05-21-2008, 09:34 AM
Great site name... pretty obviously scamworthy ********.

You can say that word and not have it come out looking like ********?

Cool!

Andyjaggy
05-21-2008, 10:28 AM

Had to try.

Weetos
05-21-2008, 11:14 AM

yep it works :D

Steamthrower
05-21-2008, 11:49 AM
The following is a test from one of the dirty-word lists that you can download for use in your forums. I'll edit it as soon as I see which ones slipped through.

EDIT: Holy crap you can say a lot of things on these boards. 8~

BloodQuest
05-21-2008, 12:26 PM
This reminds me of some fun we had a couple of years back with a guy on eBay. He was selling what were obviously just copied CDs so we created an account on eBay, won a bunch of his auctions then sent him photocopied money as "payment".

Got eBay to boot him once we'd had our fun, of course!

Simon

Cageman
05-21-2008, 12:39 PM
I think she (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww) is involved... :D

Cougar12dk
05-21-2008, 03:05 PM
Hahaha! Damn, there should be a law against people being THAT ignorant.

Cougar12dk
05-21-2008, 03:12 PM
Good thing she's pretty.

rakker16mm
05-21-2008, 03:32 PM

I notice the MC was also having a hard time keeping it together.

Matt
05-21-2008, 05:01 PM

OMG! Why didn't she just come out with it and say, "because those people are dumb!"

Honesty is the best policy!

Hopper
05-21-2008, 05:41 PM
EDIT: Holy crap you can say a lot of things on these boards. 8~
Nah.. that's ********. :D

Jim M
05-21-2008, 06:49 PM
Oh no... what have I done !!!

Hopper
05-21-2008, 07:31 PM
I dunno, but it's getting deep!

http://home.austin.rr.com/mackerma/images/BSD_03.jpg
[Courtesy of Bog]

:D

Steamthrower
05-22-2008, 07:13 AM
I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some, people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as, uh, South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as...

That's hilarious, but I feel sorry for the poor girl. She's now the world's premiere example of a dumb blonde. 25 million views on YouTube. I'm guessing she's dyed her hair and wears sunglasses frequently now.

At least you didn't say...some of the words that slipped through the filter. :D

art
05-22-2008, 07:33 AM
I'm guessing she's dyed her hair and wears sunglasses frequently now.

A blonde who dyed her hair dark is the best example of artificial inteligence.

Steamthrower
05-22-2008, 08:25 AM
I'm a natural intelligentsia then...;)

AbnRanger
05-22-2008, 09:19 AM
That's hilarious, but I feel sorry for the poor girl. She's now the world's premiere example of a dumb blonde. 25 million views on YouTube. I'm guessing she's dyed her hair and wears sunglasses frequently now.

At least you didn't say...some of the words that slipped through the filter. :DFor what it's worth, the question was more stupid than her response. How in the world, under a the big spotlight are you supposed to give a dignified answer to that? First of all, it doesn't sound believable...secondly, she's not an executive with the Teachers Union or the Presidents Education Secretary, to whom the question would be appropriately addressed to...not a BEAUTY pageant contestant, for crying out loud.
I feel sorry for her, actually. They put her on the spot, where she's expected to give a pretentiously dignified answer that essentially asks her what she would do about stoo'pid kids in America. Go figure?
"Uh...I don't know, except hold them back another year til they learn." Is that the sort of answer they were looking for? What's the old addage..."ask a stupid question, and you get a stupid answer!"

Why then, are we mocking the poor girl, when our minds would've probably fried too with millions of people watching, expecting an eloquent answer to a downright retarded question?!
Who runs these shows anyway? No wonder their ratings are in the tank. She may not be the brightest bulb of the bunch, yet that's not the point of the competition at all.
This is just like Tyra Bank's cable TV talk show...she needs to stick to what she does best...model, and shut up! Nobody cares what she thinks...as if she had a degree and background in Communications, Political Science or such.
Another example of people totally out of their element is these idiotic ACTORS in Hollywood ACTING as if they are political ambassadors negotiating with our enemies...by coddling and seeking sympahty from them (usally of the Communist variety)! What in hades? Get back on set, shut your pie-hole, and do your freakin job!!!

Lightwolf
05-22-2008, 09:30 AM
Who runs these shows anyway?
The real question is... who watches them? Stop watching and they won't be run, as easy as that.

As for feeling sorry... hey, she wasn't forced into the competition, was she?

Cheers,
Mike

Steamthrower
05-22-2008, 09:32 AM
I wouldn't say I'm making fun of her...as a matter of fact I said that I felt sorry for her.

If I were in front of 200 million viewers I'd probably say something stupid as well. The punchline for me, though, is when she takes the question to something completely different (third-world humanitarian aid?!?!) since I think that was a direct attempt to please the crowd. You know, butt-kissing, throw some philanthropy in there and you're Mother Teresa.

But yes, it's rather sad that it was made into such a big deal.

AbnRanger
05-22-2008, 10:41 AM
The real question is... who watches them? Stop watching and they won't be run, as easy as that.

As for feeling sorry... hey, she wasn't forced into the competition, was she?

Cheers,
MikeI don't...and no, she wasn't. But that doesn't negate the fact that the question she asked was downright stupid itself. It's one thing to ask a contestant where they see themselves 5-10yrs from now, but asking a BEAUTY pageant contestant what to do about slackers in the school system would be akin to asking the attendant at the fast food drive-thru window what they think the next trends will be in the futures market. Again, we shouldn't be surprised that a ridiculous question got a ridiculous response.

Steamthrower
05-22-2008, 11:03 AM
I see your point, but it's sort of a tradition in beauty pageants to ask the contestants general life questions, their views on things in the world, whether drugs are bad, why you shouldn't drink & drive, why you should exercise, etc.

Stupid, but normally it's the protocol.

OOZZEE
05-22-2008, 11:59 AM
Maybe Bryphi moved to China? :D

LOL

I got that email too and said to myself.. that is so weird that NT doesnt know I already upgraded.

then deleted it.

my question is how did they get everyones email to mass mail ? was it throught forums or hacking NT server ?