[The title should read LW8/DFX+ bundle]

Hmm.. Just got the package today.

There is no dongle.

There is a reference manual Version 4
Courseware book
program CD and courseware
Lightwave 7.5 cd win/mac

That is it.. no dongle :(

I waited for 23 days and it seems I cannot use it.

Who will send me the dongle? preferably next day air.
SafeHarbor / Newtek or Eyeon

trick
07-24-2003, 01:53 AM
If it's an upgrade you ALREADY should have a dongle to which the new LW7.5 will be connected (You still have to request an authorisation code on registration). DFX+ will ALSO be connected to your OLD dongle !!

inquisitive
07-24-2003, 07:29 AM
Thanks for your reply.

The title should read LW8 upgrade / DFX+ bundle.

I am talking about the dongle for DFX+ not the dongle for LW.

The idea here is that I wanted to use DFX+ on a separate computer than LW.

There is also no instructions regarding upgrade to LW8 at all. Not even a little paper sheet saying .. upgrade has not been released (which I know).. When it gets released you will need to do the following ... etc.

trick
07-24-2003, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by inquisitive
...The idea here is that I wanted to use DFX+ on a separate computer than LW...

That's the tricky part...You only can use DFX+ on your OLD LW Dongle...as announced somewhere !!!

Auger
07-24-2003, 12:09 PM
You should have received a dongle for DFX+. I did. Mine came without the Lightwave discs but those are on the way, after a call to Newtek.

Doug Nicola
07-24-2003, 01:23 PM
Yes, you should definitely call or email eyeon, I think. There should have been a DFX+ dongle in there.

inquisitive
07-24-2003, 01:25 PM
It is these type of situations that make one think before purchasing items.

Given that DFX+ seems to be a difficult program to grasp at the beginning, having the program bounded to LW means I cannot render, while I use the program or viceversa.

I have found out also (like the previous poster) that several people got dongles with their upgrades therefore it seems to me something is just not right with this upgrade.

There is also no mention whatsoever of LW8.
Not even a sheet explaining what the process will be once the upgrade is released.

TyVole
07-24-2003, 01:29 PM
The following is the most likely scenario for upgrading:

1. 8 is released.

2. You download 8.

3. You e-mail customer support; and they in turn -- having a record of you buying the upgrade -- e-mail you back a new key.

cagey5
07-24-2003, 01:35 PM
As regards the dongle. It would appear the later mailings don't have a separate dongle, it utilizes the LW one instead. I got my bundle on Monday, no dongle, registered with Eyeon and it works.

But yes, it does tie you to one machine [Unless you install it on a second and move your dongle after Lightwave has loaded, but that's a lot of swapping about] and of course it means you can't sell dfx+ on as a separate package.

Later

Cagey

Liber777
07-24-2003, 01:38 PM
eyeon explained all this much earlier in another thread. The original idea was to tie DFX+ to the Lightwave dongle, but at the time eyeon and NewTek made their agreement, there wasn't time to work it this way, so the earlier DFX+ packages were shipped with a separate dongle. The newer packages shipped as part of the Lightwave deal use the Lightwave dongle.

dennis
07-25-2003, 03:29 PM
This does not constitute a "full version of DFX+" as was advertised by NewTek.

Also, Chuck Baker was telling Mac users that they could still by the upgrade and sell DFX+ to recoup part of their investment in upgrading - as kind of a pacifier to those complaining about the lack of a Mac/compatible comparable offer - this is not possible without an additional dongle. I'll be calling NewTek and demanding my dongle or $ -

This is very shady marketing; I'm also not very happy about how they charged my card the day I ordered the product, and then waited 2+ weeks to ship it. I was told they were "waiting for product"; they should have also waited to charge my cc.

Riff_Masteroff
07-27-2003, 08:54 PM
Hey folks,

For me, the dfusion.dat doesn't work. I don't know if Newtek intended the dfx4+ to work with the LW 7.5 dongle or the VT2 card installed on that puter or both. Either way Eyeon has not provided (so far) a key that unlocks the software that I purchased.

Andrew Liszewski of Eyeon emailed: "Looking at the information you provided me, I think I see what the problem is." and sent a revised license file, but that didn't do the trick.

I would like to know what the 'problem' is.

Supposedly, the dfx4+ wouldn't need VT2 to work, cause I purchased it as an upgrade bundle to LW7.5 (to 8).

Does anyone else have a similar problem? LW7.5+VT2=no dfx+?

Riff

Riff_Masteroff
08-01-2003, 09:05 PM
Hello All,

An answer to my own question: Does LW7.5 + VT2 = No Dfx4+?

It was my own fault. Dfx4+ showed two serial numbers: one for LW7.5 & one for VT2. I used the VT2 one and should have used the LW7.5 number.

It took Eyeon a few trys to figure it out and send me a useful Dfusion.dat.

All is well.

Riff

Lalin
08-25-2003, 08:05 PM
Hello,

I am having a similar problem. I have a parallel dongle.

LW7.5 runs smoothly without any problem.

But my DFX+ complaints about not finding the dongle, when I click "more" there is message stating that I am missing the file "dfusion.dat". (check attached jpeg image)

Riff_Masteroff, you mentioned that Eyeon sent you a dfusion.dat file, how do I request or obtain one?

Any other suggestion?

Thanks a lot for any help I can get,
Lalin:(

mrunion
08-25-2003, 09:19 PM
If this is your first time running DFX+ and it doesn't work, I am at a loss.

The way you get a .DAT file is to run DFX+, get the "serial number" displayed, go to Eyeon's website and register the software. They will e-mail you the DAT file and/or you can download it from their site.

FWIW, my DFX+ installed fine, I ran it, got the S/N, registered, then a couple of days later it decided not to work. I had to remove and reinstall DFX+ and it did fine.

Lalin
08-25-2003, 09:41 PM
You are right mrunion, I haven't been able to get a S/N to register it.

I guess I'll have to call support. Newtek will be my first step I guess.

I read on another thread that there is tool at eyeon's website that reads the dongle:
http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9400&highlight=sentinel+drivers

Regards,
Lalin

mrunion
08-26-2003, 01:59 PM
Also, another thread discussed installing the lastest Sentinal drivers for the dongle from www.rainbow.com. You might try that.

Lalin
08-26-2003, 02:06 PM
Thanks a lot mrunion!

I went to the rainbow web site and downloaded the latest Sentinel drivers and DING! I am up and running! YAY!

The thing that I wasn't very clear about is that the dongle mechanism is a whole infrastructure apart from Newtek's.

Cheers!
Lalin

mrunion
08-26-2003, 05:05 PM
That's great news! I'm glad you're up and running.

CB_3D
11-03-2003, 02:59 AM
Where do I register and put in the serial DFX gives me? I manage d to create a user profile at Eyon, but canīt figure out where to register the software.

CB_3D
11-03-2003, 04:32 AM
ahh, ok. "Register" is the one, LOL.

bradl
11-03-2003, 11:53 PM
I believe Eyeon will dongle you if you request it...