PDA

View Full Version : Help with setting Bone Joint Keyframe...

NewbieAnimator
07-23-2003, 09:37 PM
I would like to start off by saying that I am thoroughly enjoying and learning from Patrick Beck's THE LIGHTWAVE 7.5 PRIMER. I have made it most of the way through the book in only a week or two, but have come across a stumbling block. On page 262, there is a tutorial called BENDING A TUBE. I am able to complete Step 1 and most of Step 2, but run into trouble when it comes to the part of editing the Keyframe.

On Page 264, the step states,

"Create a keyframe for the child bone with these values:

Frame 30
Rotation P= -90 degrees

This gives the BoneTube object a typical arm-pumping action. Notice the crimping effect that rotating the child bone has on the object."

The part that I am having problems with is figuring out how to set the Rotation for the P (axis?). How do I go about doing this? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I don't really want to go any further in this book until I get past this stumbling block. Thank you very much in advance for any help on this.

Best Regards, Mike

toby
07-24-2003, 03:32 AM
hit the "y" key which brings up the rotate tool, in the bottom left of the screen you'll see "H - P - B" from top to bottom, highlight the field by the P and enter -90

the P stands for "pitch", also represented by the green circle that you can rotate your objects with.

NewbieAnimator
07-24-2003, 12:07 PM
Thanks a lot - I'll give that a shot. The book I am using didn't mention how to do that.

Thanks again - Mike