PDA

View Full Version : LightWave v9.3.1 Trial Edition

andrew_y
05-15-2008, 12:22 PM
We consider the NewTek forum community to be one of our greatest assets and want you to be the first to know that the LightWave v9.3.1 Free Trial Edition is now available from http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/lwtrial. Please pass this information along to everyone you think might be interested in joining the LightWave family as a new user or a current user who just hasn't made the move yet to LightWave v9. The free LightWave Trial Edition is identical to a full license in all major respects for 30 days. Plus, 24 hours of excellent video training, over 130 MB of royalty-free content examples and PDF manuals are all available with this Lightwave Trial Edition. Thank you for being a part of the LightWave and NewTek family.

jeremyhardin
05-15-2008, 03:08 PM
What are the white papers?

Ztreem
05-15-2008, 03:17 PM
Looking good.

WilliamVaughan
05-15-2008, 04:25 PM
Very excited about this!:thumbsup:

Titus
05-15-2008, 06:24 PM
What are the white papers?

I'm guessing but maybe is the roadmap to the next version of LW.

NAS
05-15-2008, 07:29 PM
So far the white papers is just a couple of companies explaining their pipeline with Lightwave hehe

NAS

Surrealist.
05-15-2008, 08:23 PM
Great news. And I like the way you have it set upon the site, looks great. Well done! :thumbsup:

AbnRanger
05-15-2008, 11:36 PM
Yes indeed, nice job. Let's just hope it stays this way. Anytime a new version (point or full upgrade) goes gold, a demo of that version should be right on the heels of that announcement.
"That's the way Autodesk does it. That's the way America does it...and it's worked out pretty good so far." -Tony Stark :D

Seriously, it does no one any good to have to wait 6-12mos to try out the new features.

BeeVee
05-16-2008, 06:20 AM
As soon as a new version goes live it will also be updated here. It's one of the main advantages of not having a different codebase for a watermarked or resolution-limited trial edition. Ours gives you everything a full LightWave can do for 30 days with the sole exceptions of Screamernet rendering and commercial plug-ins (since both rely on the presence of a dongle).

B

beverins
05-16-2008, 07:38 AM
Whoever does your PDFs needs to work on Acrobat Settings. The Graphics are PIXELATED. Just because you don't have the resources of Autodesk doesn't mean that you can put out PDFs with pixelated graphics.

300DPI or better, people. No bicubic downsampling either. Yes, it will make the PDF larger. Show me a PDF from Autodesk that has pixelated bitmaps.

Comon guys. This is a screen-res shot of the PDF. I know for a fact that PDFs can show bitmaps with better resolution than this.

beverins
05-16-2008, 07:46 AM
Here's another one.

Looks like a screengrab from a product thumbnail off of Amazon.com or something..

I can see it on the printout too. It's not just me blowing it up, because you can see the supersharp vector text to the side.

cresshead
05-16-2008, 08:02 AM
i still think a watermarked ple version of lightwave would be better.

Titus
05-16-2008, 08:31 AM
I'm guessing but maybe is the roadmap to the next version of LW.

I was wrong. They are a couple of PDFs with info on tv shows (History Channel 's Dogfight) and upcoming videogames created with LW.

Phil
05-16-2008, 09:19 AM
Curiously, that part of the site doesn't seem to interface with register.newtek.com - it doesn't take my email address and asks me to register. Seems a little silly to have to register for PDFs, especially when someone is already registered via register.newtek.com