PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 9 bug???

LearningLightW
05-15-2008, 11:04 AM
Hello,

I've upgraded to Lightwave 9! As great as it is, is there a bug with version 9? I have about 1,800 frames in my scene and it crashes everytime I render a frame. When I cut it down to be a couple hundred frames it renders fine. I don't know the exact cut off point so that it won't crash, but I don't think it should have a limit to number of frames.

Is anyone else having a similar problem or know of a patch?

Thanks

3DGFXStudios
05-15-2008, 11:05 AM
update to 9.3.1 or 9.5

LearningLightW
05-15-2008, 11:39 AM
Actually, I don't think it has to deal with frame count... I've just constructed another test scene with the same number of frames with only one of the objects from my crashing scene and it seems to work okay? So I'm confused. I don't understand why my other scene keeps crashing... But I guess I'll slowly build this test scene up.

I noticed that the scene that crashes is super sensitive too. I tried to delete some objects and it'll crash everytime.

Is Lightwave 9 buggy for anyone else?

Weetos
05-15-2008, 01:00 PM
What version are you running ? Anything prior to 9.3.1 should be considered buggy so if you're not using the latest version, upgrade first and see if your problem's fixed. If you're using 9.5 (thus under NDA agreement), please submit your problem to the Beta forum instead.

just thinking, what's the total polycount of the crashing scene (taking the subdivided surfaces, if any) ?

LearningLightW
05-15-2008, 02:35 PM
It is version 9.3.1. I've also attached the error message that keeps popping up. There's probably 700k to near a million polygons in the scene but nothing Lightwave 8 can't handle so i don't think that's it.