PDA

View Full Version : PolyFlipping

Skinner3D
05-14-2008, 09:09 PM
How do I get all of my polygons to face the same direction? I have a model that has about half of my polygons facing one way and the other half facing the other way, all mixed together

Is there an average function or something?

Surrealist.
05-14-2008, 09:16 PM
There is the Align tool in the Detail Tab. Sometimes it does not get everything. I have even heard of some 3P plugins that work better but this one should get you most of the way there if not completely depending on the situation.

Skinner3D
05-15-2008, 09:28 PM
:bowdown: yep I knew I missing the obvious. It worked great, but now I realize I also have literal double sided polygons, how does one fix those?

I have no clue how my mesh go so messed up

Skinner3D
05-15-2008, 09:34 PM
:foreheads Okay I have real problems. They are not only double sided, but tripled sided as well. I think my only method is manual delete and destroy, but if there is another way I am open to suggestions.

geothefaust
05-15-2008, 11:16 PM
There is another tool that will solve that problem for you, if I'm understanding you correctly. :)

It's called 'Unify Polys', and it's under Detail>Polygons

Hope this helps!

Skinner3D
05-16-2008, 09:57 AM
:D:dance:
Oooh now you tell me. . . after I spent the better part of several hours doing it by hand last night
;D

Well much thanks to you both. Definately going to file the above two things away for future reference.

Surrealist.
05-16-2008, 10:34 AM
Two things you'll never forget. :)