PDA

View Full Version : Background Image Sequence

Tom Wood
05-14-2008, 10:29 AM
Hello,

I'm using LW 8.5 and want to do a couple of things that have me stumped. I want to set up a 4200 frame animation for rendering offsite at Respower. I want to include a background image sequence that is the same image for the first 4000 frames, then switch to an end credits animation that is 200 frames. The 3D objects in the scene are there for the first 4000 frames, then gone for the last 200 frames.

How can I set this up for upload to Respower so I only have to upload one copy of the image used in the first 4000 frames? How do I change the image sequence to the end credits image sequence at frame 4001? What would be the best way to remove the 3D objects in the scene at frame 4001?

The reason I want to try this is because Respower can create an AVI for download and if I can get everything rendered together I won't have to do any more rendering/compositing.

Thanks,

Surrealist.
05-14-2008, 09:07 PM
One way is projecting onto a polygon that is the ratio of your fame size. This will give you more options. There is a plugin that will help in custom objects called "Camera Mask" look that up in the manual for how to set up and use. Once you are dealing with a surface you will have more options for fading between the two sequences than you would as a backdrop. I think a backdrop would just be a straight cut. In the Surface editor with image maps you can fade between them using envelopes. For the object you could try an object dissolve with an envelope. There are more options than this of course, but this is one way you can do it. Also know in the image editor you can offset the start times of the sequences so that it coincides with any other envelopes in the scene for fading.

Tom Wood
05-16-2008, 03:25 PM
Thanks, I'll give those a try this weekend.

TW