PDA

View Full Version : registering 64 bit troubles v9.3.1

OOZZEE
05-14-2008, 06:50 AM
hi, any of you having trouble with the license key for 64 bit using the registration utility... the popup is showing ERROR with a note of successfully entered license key.

but LW always in discovery mode ?????

any solution to this ?

BeeVee
05-14-2008, 07:39 AM
Hi,

That message just means that the file was written successfully, not that the key was correct. You could have put in CANT-REGI-STER-MYLW and it would have said the same. :)

If you are running a 32-bit version of LightWave and moving to 64-bit, do you have a 64-bit license.key? Did you check the Lock ID was reported the same by Layout? Here are the steps to follow to register another platform for a LightWave licence:

1. Login to the Registration system at http://register.newtek.com;
2. Go to My Products;
3. Copy the LightWave v9 serial number from there;
4. Go back to My Home and register a new LightWave 3D;
5. Paste the serial number you copied and you will be presented with a page where the licence you already registered is filled in, but there are empty cases for the other two platforms. Make sure you verify that the dongle number is correct for the platform you are registering.

B

OOZZEE
05-14-2008, 11:48 AM
hi Beevee, I did get the new 64bit serial and license key from NTregistration however its not taking it. very strange.

I think I will uninstall and re-install... I have noticed that Vista is very very finicky about installing new software.

thanks for the help.

BeeVee
05-15-2008, 06:52 AM
Ah if it's Vista, then turn off UAC while you put the license.key in. You can turn it back on afterwards if you like. UAC "redirects" the writing of files to safer areas.

B