PDA

View Full Version : Help with my head model

rouge
05-13-2008, 05:10 PM
hi everyone

this is my first attempt at modeling a human body i have completed the body and now i want to add eyes and mouth but i'm not sure how to proceed. any kind of help would be appreciated.

goal

Hopper
05-13-2008, 05:15 PM
Extend and stretch are going to be your tools of choice for this. Your face is a bit long, but shouldn't too much of a problem. Take the polys below the nose and extend them size them using the stretch and drag-points tool in order to get the mouth shape you want .. extend again - stretch out for the lips, extend again stretch smaller and pull them back as the "back" of the lips (for shaping), extend one more time and stretch it back into the head to make the mouth cavity.

Surrealist.
05-13-2008, 08:26 PM
You can also just turn off subpatches and draw on the geometry with the add edges tool. I usually do this with only half of the model. Then mirror using Terry Ford's Mirror tools. (Includes delete left and delete right)

I usually set it to CC subpatches for this phase so I can see my progress by toggling with the TAB key.

Take a look at these videos by splinegod. (http://www.3dtrainingonline.com/support/)

They show some of this technique. You can apply it to what you have there. You can learn some very good basics to go on.

StudioBOZON
05-14-2008, 02:21 AM
Try to get rid off the rest of the body, U can easly cut it out and paste it in the other level. U may want to turn on the symetry - it realy decreases the refresh speed when using the CC SubDs.By getting rid of rest of te model U'll get it moving faster epsecially when U're using CC sub division type. Make some geometry (do it a bit random, but onle in places U'll probobly need it , U can always weld some points later). Forget about modeling in three sides view, and go straight to perspective view - fullscreen. Using Drag tool (Ctrl + t) start sculpting. Get a mirror or a picture of a human face !! ;) it's the easyest way.

When U have the whole head u can easly see the result, and by having Symetry turned on U are sure the both sides are identical.

Treat it as a sculpture.

have fun :jam:

NAS
05-14-2008, 11:23 AM
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/8210/image1df6.png

I'm on my first human too :)
I'm struggling to get an ear shape i like hehehehe
Weird i just started from the head and worked down i dont know why

I'm in 8.5 and i cant work out how to change the wireframe colors and stuff
I think i might go back to Silo

NAS

Surrealist.
05-14-2008, 12:20 PM
I'd say it is a pretty nice start. I always make the ears in another layer then patch them in.

Detail tab for the Sketch color. D for display to change the default sketch color.

NAS
05-14-2008, 01:37 PM
Cheers Surrealist i knew i must have missed those options hahahaha i was looking for wirefram color and now that you have said it i remember seeing it in one of WVs tuts

I'm actually really happy with the character so far but i'm dreading doing the teeth and gums hahahahaha

This is only my fifth or so model and i'm trying to work out and keep the poly flow nice

NAS