Bryce 6.1
Mimic Lite
Mimic Pro
Mimic Pro for LightWave

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=84695

Costanel
05-16-2008, 12:10 PM
Yeah, got a mail about this too.

Don't know who wants Mimic for Lightwave, it apparantly doesn't work with LW 9 and hasn't been updated in quite a while.

Hexagon and Carrera look cool, but nothing special if you ask me.

adamredwoods
05-16-2008, 01:57 PM
I always liked the Carrara interface. I like how it was divided up into 'rooms' so you could focus better on what stage you were working on. Kindof like Lightwave. Fun to use.

Hexagon over-promises and underdelivers, but it is not a bad modeler. Just too many bugs.

NAS
05-16-2008, 03:36 PM
DAZ wont even reply to mails concerning Mimic working with LW9
Pretty bad customer service to be honest

NAS

geothefaust
05-17-2008, 11:08 AM
DAZ is really annoying, I had a similar experience with them... Now, I just avoid them altogether.

NAS
05-17-2008, 11:22 AM
All they are doing is giving themselves a bad name really
To be honest if they had any sense at all they would have built all the features of Mimic Pro into DAZ Studio as either a cheap plugin or part of its native features
Then start making bridge apps with all the main Apps starting with LW of course heheheheh

They just dont seem to have a clue at the moment

NAS

cresshead
05-17-2008, 11:37 AM
of course it's quite difficult being a plugin developer for lightwave currently as newtek strive to improve their 3d app with a no holds barred rule of thumb ...that being scripts and plugins can break with every incremental move forward...better to wait till lightwave 9.x is done n dusted THEN re compile the mimic pro plugin for it.

Dodgy
05-17-2008, 07:27 PM
Mimic for LW works for me with 9... Who's having problems?

cresshead
05-17-2008, 07:29 PM
Mimic for LW works for me with 9... Who's having problems?

is that 9.0 or 9.2 or 9.31?

JamesCurtis
05-17-2008, 08:50 PM
Yeah I had some crash problems with Mimic in LW 9.xx but haven't had a chance to see if its working properly in the newest LW release. It would crash when I would send the data from MimicLW Pro to Layout. never did figure out why it did. However, I may try it again sometime.

32bit WinXP pro here BTW.

goodrichm
05-18-2008, 06:59 AM
Doesn't work for me in LW9.3.1 it errors out like JamesCurtis says. It works in 9.2 & 9.0 and earlier.

I fogged case at Newtek & DAZ. NewTek said it's not their problem and they don't have Mimic to test it anyway. DAZ shows bug still open...

UnCommonGrafx
05-18-2008, 07:02 AM
I've just re-downloaded; I will join the chorus if this isn't working. Work to do this Summer...

Edit: and to add, I wouldn't get their bundle but mimic is quite a unique program. 3D coat, yup, I'd get that, too. But if lipsyncing were something I was looking at, and a way to more intelligently mix endos, I would get this, again.

The only better app for controlling endos would be smartmorph.

Edbittner
05-18-2008, 08:16 AM
DAZ wont even reply to mails concerning Mimic working with LW9
Pretty bad customer service to be honest
NAS
I've contacted DAZ' customer service before. Never e-mailed them, always called. Fortunetly, I'm on the same side of the planet as they are, (they are 3hrs. behind me), and have never had a problem with them. They've always stayed on the phone until my particular issue was resolved. It's a toll free call so no sweat.
Not to hijack this thread, but has anyone else had a problem with the Bit-Rock Installer? Newtek is using it, I see Daz is using it, and I don't have a problem d-loading it, but when it comes to running the exe. file I sometimes get an error message. This one is from LW beta,( if I cannot show this here, Mods please delete). The other is from Daz.
E.

Dodgy
05-18-2008, 05:25 PM
Well I'm running it fine under 9.31 win xp, so something odd must be going on.

Grace
05-26-2008, 08:47 PM
Can I ask a quick question Dodgy? I have got Mimic working under LW 9.0, and I get the lip movement and eye blinks, but I don't seem to be getting the head movements. I have added the 'mimic' bone and made the 'mimic' weightmap and whether I assigned the bone to the weightmap (even though it says you don't have to). I'd sure appreciate the help

Dodgy
05-26-2008, 09:52 PM
My mimic always puts keys on my Head bone....

Grace
05-27-2008, 07:48 PM
that did the trick! Thanks Dodgy! How did you find that out? The docs say to name one of the little neck bones 'mimic'. Ah well, I suppose it doesn't really matter. I sure hate it when the docs are misleading...

Dodgy
05-27-2008, 08:14 PM
Cause I always name a bone 'Head' :)

Yeah, it says that in the manual, supposedly to let you key the head separately, but I guess it doesn't work as it should...