PDA

View Full Version : Lamp

Furumaru
05-12-2008, 01:40 PM
I made this for a 3d speed-battle in a german forum. It's an old oil-lamp. The textures of the lamp are completely procedural. I have used the Grit-Node (http://katastro.fi/~eetu/gritnode/) the get the corroded look. Rendered with FPrime 3.2. :)

Iain
05-12-2008, 03:09 PM
That looks good. The inside looks perfect-a really good simulation of layers of burned fuel deposits.

The external surfacing is too similar to that I think. It looks good but the texture looks stretched vertically and has the same burned appearance as the inside. Then you have nice, clear glass that could have been made last week.

Also, the map looks a little odd in it's thickness but I really like the texture.

I hope I don't sound harsh-overall, it's a great image. Especially when you've mainly used procedurals :thumbsup:.

sean hargreaves
05-12-2008, 05:44 PM
Bit dirty.....don't you have a clean one...:D

Hopper
05-12-2008, 07:23 PM
Bit dirty.....don't you have a clean one...:D
Phht... He cheated. He just used an OLD version of modeler. All your stuff comes out that way. :D

Furumaru
05-13-2008, 07:56 AM
That looks good. The inside looks perfect-a really good simulation of layers of burned fuel deposits.

The external surfacing is too similar to that I think. It looks good but the texture looks stretched vertically and has the same burned appearance as the inside. Then you have nice, clear glass that could have been made last week.

Also, the map looks a little odd in it's thickness but I really like the texture.

I hope I don't sound harsh-overall, it's a great image. Especially when you've mainly used procedurals :thumbsup:.

Your right but it was a speed-battle and i'm new to LightWave so this picture is the best i can do at the moment. I will learn to make better pictures. :)

Edit: You can download the whole scene with all maps HERE. (http://rapidshare.com/files/108477745/Lampe.zip.html)

Wezall
05-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Your work is excellent. Kudos.

JeffrySG
05-22-2008, 01:48 PM
looks pretty nice!! :D especially for a speed challenge.

...that grit node can create some very nice textures if you take the time to tweak it.

The biggest thing for me (like Iain mentioned) is how clean the glass is compared to the rest of the object.