PDA

View Full Version : DDR Audio Problem

Raul_Chiorean
05-12-2008, 10:17 AM
Hi
Since I upgraded to VT[5], I have this annoying problem:
Everytime when I press TAKE or AUTO from a live camera to a DDR, the audio of the clip playing in DDR starts with aprox. one second delay after the video without affecting the sync. I simply loose the first portion of audio from any clip. The clips are usually avi with DV Type 2. This also happens when I switch from a DDR to another DDR, both using manual switch or Cue Out.
I need a solution for this.
Thank's.

PIZAZZ
05-12-2008, 11:51 AM
One of my clients noticed a similar issue with his system. How short are your clips? His were rendered from a Final Cut system and where only 5 seconds. He made them longer and added about 2 extra seconds to the beginning to get around the audio issue. Once he trimmed the IN on the clip on the DDR, he was back at his original timing. He is using the short clips as intros to his replays.

Raul_Chiorean
05-12-2008, 11:58 AM
It doesn't matter how long is the clip, 5 seconds, 1 hour, sometimes is a VTP, the same issue.
It wold be complicated for me to add extra duration to the clips because of the workflow of the TV station.

PIZAZZ
05-12-2008, 12:20 PM
Are you using the CUE in/out functionality??

If so are the DDRs in Pause/Play mode before taking them to air or in Stop mode?

Raul_Chiorean
05-12-2008, 12:38 PM
Yes, I use Cue In Function and DDR is in play/pause mode. But this issue is related to the CUE function because if if manually hit the play button on the DDR the audio of the clip starts correctly. The problem seems to appear only when the clip starts from a CUE command.

PIZAZZ
05-12-2008, 01:36 PM
Yes, I use Cue In Function and DDR is in play/pause mode. But this issue is related to the CUE function because if if manually hit the play button on the DDR the audio of the clip starts correctly. The problem seems to appear only when the clip starts from a CUE command.

I agree totally. I have already bugged it too btw. Hopefully an impending update will fix this for you.

Raul_Chiorean
05-13-2008, 05:53 AM
I studied this bug with more attention and I isolated the problem.
It appears only when DDR is in Play/pause mode, even the DDR is already in the Program row, if is in play/pause and you hit Play, the audio is truncated.
If DDR is in Stop mode, there is no problem.