PDA

View Full Version : Pricing for TV animation

alexoctagon
07-23-2003, 01:57 PM
Hi

I've just done a 1 minute animation in Lightwave of a well known brand of food packaging which has been redesigned by a graphic design agency, who is doing it for a marketing manager to present to his boss as a potential redesign. (It has been comped with sound added by another agency employed by the graphic design agency).

I have just charged a daily rate as this time its an internal job only with no possibility of further use. The marketing manager has apparently said that he likes the look so much, that if the boss is happy with it all, they might want to use the same idea for a TV advert etc, in which case they will probably come back to me. I haven't done any work for TV before, and of course there has to be the question of usage/licensing, but I have no idea what additional charge this would be.

Can anyone help me out with this? Or, is there a kind of animators organisation I could join that could advise me on this kind of thing now and in the future?

Any help would be very much appreciated!!!!

Triple G
07-23-2003, 06:40 PM
Have a look on Amazon for the Graphic Artists Guild Handbook: Pricing & Ethical Guidelines, 10th Edition. It's relatively inexpensive, and contains lots of useful information related to similar situations such as your own.