PDA

View Full Version : Help Pleeeeease!!!

TopGun
02-22-2003, 05:32 PM
I started putting together a project today in toaster edit, same thing I always do because my projects are typically all the same just change the name kind of thing. However, about half way through, it started to really drag, not the video or audio, just the program itself. For example, to cut (razor) at a particular point started taking more than 10 seconds, when it is usually automatic. Then warning comes up about not being able to render to cahche file because it can't find it or something.? Can change Cache in preferences, but I don't know what to change, or really what the cache is. The only thing I did different this time that I don't do as much is I have a few more layered sub-projects, but not enough to make this happen I wouldn't think.?

I have 1 Gig of RAM also.

Any suggestions?

pgrimpo
02-22-2003, 06:43 PM
I'm not a genius at Toaster, but it sounds to me like your Cache drives have failed, or are beginning to fail. In your preferences, you will see cache drive settings for Ted and for the Switcher / DDR. See what drive this is and do a check and defrag on that drive. Just me guess.

-Grimps

TopGun
02-22-2003, 06:50 PM
Theonly thing is says for Ted cache drive is a / ?

Should it say / with a drive ?

pgrimpo
02-22-2003, 06:51 PM
Set it to something like V:\

A decent speed drive (or array) that is NOT your primary video drive (preferably).

-Grimps

Paul Lara
02-23-2003, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by TopGun
Theonly thing is says for Ted cache drive is a / ?

Should it say / with a drive ?

Yes, it should!
And it would if you will just run AutoConfigure.exe found in your root Video Toaster directory. :)