PDA

View Full Version : Help for instal LW 9.3 UB in my new Mac pro 3GHz

aperezg
05-09-2008, 06:18 PM
Hi

I just received my new mac pro 2 x 3 GHz quad core intel xeon.
I copy LW 9.3 UB in the applications folder and my permanent license.key in -- username/Library/Preferences/LightWave 3D/license.key --
when I open Layout or modeler in the new mac pro, they appear in discovery mode .

when I open Layout or Modeler in my old PowerPC G5 they run normal not have restrictions.
How could I run LW 9.3 UB normal without any restrictions in the new mac pro intel xeon.

The 2 mac are connected in the network I only have these 2 mac.

The sentinel is purple and its connected in the PowerPC.

I don't know if I need to buy other sentinel or buy a new program or buy a new license.

Thanks for your time.

G M D THREE
05-09-2008, 08:50 PM
Open UB Lightwave layout, go to help, choose enter license key. That should do it. Make sure you got the right key. If I remember correctly you need a different key for the UB version than the PPC one!

///

brian.coates
05-09-2008, 09:42 PM
You'll need to buy another dongle. The Sentinel key has to be connected to the machine that LW is running on.

I don't believe LW has a network license checking system but I could be wrong. Contact your reseller.

(BTW, the license number is the same for both PowerPC and Intel systems.)

G M D THREE
05-11-2008, 08:17 AM
Hi

The 2 mac are connected in the network I only have these 2 mac.

Ups missed the network one before.

Just unplug the dongle and plug it into the Intel mac.
I assume its a USB one! If not you need to update your dongle.

///

aperezg
05-11-2008, 09:26 AM
You'll need to buy another dongle. The Sentinel key has to be connected to the machine that LW is running on.

I don't believe LW has a network license checking system but I could be wrong. Contact your reseller.

(BTW, the license number is the same for both PowerPC and Intel systems.)

Hi Thanks for your time.

I unplug and plug the sentinel in each mac, but in one run full version, the other mac run in discovery mode.

Only one runs well.

I will contact technical support

Lightwolf
05-11-2008, 09:36 AM
I unplug and plug the sentinel in each mac, but in one run full version, the other mac run in discovery mode.

That's the way it is supposed to be. Your license covers running LW on one machine at any time. Not running it on multiple machines at the same time.

Cheers,
Mike

archijam
05-11-2008, 09:39 AM
On the other hand, I have managed to run LW in parallels and os x on the same machine simultaneously, which for some of the older PC plugins is perfect .. :thumbsup: