PDA

View Full Version : Reconstruction Filter

DustinBrown
05-09-2008, 03:58 PM
I posted a question about this in another forum. I didn't realize there was an LScript forum or I would have put it here. Sorry about that.

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?p=696183#post696183

Would someone be willing to do a quick test and confirm for me that accessing the Mitchell reconstruction filter via LScript currently is not working properly? If someone can confirm it, I'll submit it as a bug.

Thanks,
Dustin

LightFreeze
05-10-2008, 02:58 AM
as evenflcw suggested this line works in 9.3.1

CommandInput("ReconstructionFilter 7");

but it does change it for every camera in the scene, which is probably a bug

evenflcw
05-10-2008, 09:06 AM
Yes, that doesn't sound right. The selection and command based approach is crap to begin with for editing specific items parameters. We really don't want it to do stuff like this now. Just goes to show how poor the design must have been, ... or maybe this an effect of the new teams design? 8/

DustinBrown
05-12-2008, 09:01 AM
I apologize, I misunderstood what evenflcw was suggesting. Yes, that works using the CommandInput variable. That's interesting though. I don't see CommandInput listed in the LScript PDFs. Is it just a way to man-handle, or force a command to go through?

Thanks,
Dustin

evenflcw
05-12-2008, 10:42 AM
No, it's actually more the opposite. It's a more direct route. If you checkout the sdk (used for developing plugins in c/c++) you'll see that commands are not issued via convenient functions as is the case in lscript, but instead they are executed much in the same way as with CommandInput(). You either build a string with the command name and it's arguemnt, then you ask lw to evaluate it or you lookup a command by it's name to get it's command code and then execute it. The lscript command ReconstructionFilter(<N>) likely does the same thing. Someone must have just missed something.

So I suppose CommandInput() gets directly at the same stuff as the sdk. Which makes it more likely to work, less susceptible to bugs and also more up to date. As soon as a command is implemented in the sdk it should be accessible through CommandInput(). That is, if my assumptions are correct.

DustinBrown
05-12-2008, 11:36 AM
Gotcha, thanks.

-Dustin