PDA

View Full Version : Lasso selection problem

lschaudies
05-09-2008, 02:26 PM
All of a sudden, when I lasso select points or polys, I am only getting half the object selected. For instance, make a new sphere and try to select all poly's in front view by making a lasso around entire sphere and only the half of the sphere facing me gets selected. In perspective, only polys or points facing me get selected. In top view only the top half gets selected. It is cut right down the middle with the backfacing poly's not selected. Same thing with points. I'm guessing I turned something on but don't know what could be causing this behavior. I can select all using statistics no problem.

BarkingTreefrog
05-09-2008, 03:01 PM
If you want to select the whole thing from a certain viewport, you need to be in Wireframe mode.

lschaudies
05-09-2008, 04:13 PM
Hey thanxs, I've been away awhile and had forgotten about that. I was perplexed!

RudySchneider
05-09-2008, 05:56 PM
Another thing to remember is that "selecting nothing is the same as selecting everything." For instance, if you want to resize an object, you can simply move the mouse into one of the edit windows and, without selecting anything, just select the resize tool (shift-H hotkey) and click-and-drag inside the window (or use the numeric window to enter a percentage).