PDA

View Full Version : Render Options Gone

Ron Kirby
05-08-2008, 03:25 PM
I've edited a short video that I would now like to turn into a single avi. When I went to the "render selected" in SpeedEdit VT, the only options I now have are "still image" sequence options. Somewhere, somehow I've lost my encoding options. I don't remember switching anything, although that's always a possiblity. Does anyone know what might have happened to these encoding options...?
Ron

SBowie
05-09-2008, 06:28 AM
Here's a link to a similar discussion:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82789

Ron Kirby
05-09-2008, 08:46 AM
Thanks Steve,
The issues mentioned in the thread are exactly what happened to me. After a call to tech support and my local dealer, I was directed to simply reinstall VT5. That worked. Sure is a strange thing...to have render options dissappear without any understandable reason. Although I don't wish it on anyone else, it's good to a least know that others have had a similar experience. It makes one feel less like an idiot!
Ron

SBowie
05-09-2008, 09:12 AM
Once is odd, twice suspsicious ... if this becomes a frequent occurrence here, maybe a bug report is in order.

bbeanan
05-09-2008, 09:33 AM
and why is it that your system knows when you are behind schedule to make these bugs pop up.... I mean really 90% of the editing work I do there is not major rush (normally within 24 hours fluff time)

...But the time this happened to me I had a deadline that was 40 minutes away and my project was 20 minutes long so I figured I had just enough time to rit render and dump it to a DVD and just barly make it... then all render options are gone...