PDA

View Full Version : video rendering problem

toorima
05-07-2008, 01:22 AM
hey all...

I made a scene it has a few objects hypervoxels and bones, not sure if any of these matter, but just in case.
When I render the scene as a picture everything turns out great. But when I went to render it as a video, it was very grainy and had a tinge of green to it. Did I do something wrong? I can post a video later if needed, I don't have one right now.

Surrealist.
05-07-2008, 01:56 AM
Generally speaking it is a good idea to render to frames and then convert to video after.

But what video format and codec are you rendering to? Also what settings are you using? Would be helpful to see the good frame and a screen grab of the video.

toorima
05-07-2008, 02:10 AM
Well I dont have a video here but the settings I used for both the picture and video was. Antialiasing noneI also used reflections, refractions, transperancy and shadows. classic camera ummm and the output for the video was .avi .

I am interested by what you said "it is a good idea to render to frames and then convert to video after." what does that mean?

Surrealist.
05-07-2008, 02:25 AM
Sorry I meant the video codec settings not the scene settings. There are many choices for .avi and some of them have some settings to adjust. In LW Quick time is the most flexible.

What I meant about rendering frames is what you do is simply render your scene and save RGB. Choose a format to render in and a place to save the frames and give it a name just like for animation. This will render a sequence of stills. Then you can import those into a program such as a non linear editor (NLE) or some other conversion program to take the frames and process those as video. This is the way it was done in the days before we really had the capability to render video out of lightwave and is till a very good workflow for many reasons. For one if you get a crash in the middle of your render you can have all of the frames before that and can still seamlessly piece it together by starting the render after that frame.

In your case you can have more options for the video this way without having to re-render each time.

You can also take the frames once completed and load them up as a background sequence in layout and render this to video. This will take much less time and you can play with different video codecs and settings untill you get it right.