PDA

View Full Version : Creating Livesets?????

boblutjen
05-05-2008, 06:54 PM
Hello All,
I hope someone can help. My company just bought a Tricaster Studio mainly to be used for its virtual set capabilities. The problem we have encountered is that the sets that come with it, and third party sets, aren't built for the camera shots we want to use.
Is there any way of editing or creating sets on our own????

Gordon
05-06-2008, 12:21 PM
You can purchase LightWave and use the LightWave LiveSet Generator. Very steep learning curve. One of my customers hired a student, who liked to play with 3D programs, in order to get what he wanted. Better than trying to learn LW yourself.

You can also pay a pro to develop what you need. At least one of the companies that make the livesets owns NewTek software and is on this forum. (Sorry I don't remember the name).

hruffin3
05-08-2008, 01:45 PM
the vt[5] install disk has a folder on it named extras - the basic liveset contruction tool is there - load the disk and right click the dvd diskdrive icon and select Open .... there is another tool for aura on the downloads section which allows you to have shadows and reflections which are not available in the vt[5] extras constuctor , if you want to use lightwave you have to have lw9.?? .

Gordon
05-08-2008, 02:12 PM
He has a TriCaster not VT[5]

Matt
05-10-2008, 07:48 AM
Is there a template or some documentation that allows LightWave users to create LiveSets?

joseburgos
05-10-2008, 08:44 AM
In your registration download section.
If it is not there, write Newtek to add it.
The only problem you will have is the ability to test the set if you do not own a Tricaster or VT[5].

Take care,

SBowie
05-10-2008, 09:43 AM
Is there any way of editing or creating sets on our own????To save a lot of typing, there is an appendix in the back of the TC Studio manual that discusses LiveSet creation tools (as they existed at the time of writing.) The appendix is not an exhaustive coverage of the tools, but each tool includes its own documentation.

Matt
05-10-2008, 12:03 PM
In your registration download section.
If it is not there, write Newtek to add it.
The only problem you will have is the ability to test the set if you do not own a Tricaster or VT[5].

Take care,

So it is! I might have a go at creating some of these for you VT folks!

archijam
05-10-2008, 12:23 PM
I'd be interested too, but there is no mac version *sob* ;) ..

Bootcamp it is then ..

joseburgos
05-11-2008, 01:46 PM
So it is! I might have a go at creating some of these for you VT folks!

It is a lot of fun not only making one but seeing someone use it in a production.
For traditional studio set construction, I am using LWCad 2.5.
For everything else, you just have to let your imagination go :)

The hardest concept to overcome, at least it was for me, is the set is static in every way (no camera zooms, pans).
Converting some of my virtual sets helped over come this and now I feel quite comfortable creating them.

Take care,

idpl
08-14-2008, 05:18 PM
hi, sorry i dont speak a perfect english so i hope you can undertand

my company just bought a Tricaster Studio and im the designer so they want me to do new virtual sets so i bought lightwave and arsenal, and im not bad learning it (and i allready use cinema4d), and i get the live set constructor but i dont really know how it works i mean is easy, you put a background and stuffs but how u open it in the tricaster?

can you help me

Batman_cond
08-17-2008, 01:19 AM
www.Ultimatetv.es. It is a store where you can buy liveset or you can request specific and personalized.
I hope you can serve.

TIMECARE
08-18-2008, 04:26 PM
I dont really see any enthusiasm around to help !!!! I think the jungle logic applies here. Take take take without giving.

joseburgos
08-19-2008, 06:23 AM
I dont really see any enthusiasm around to help !!!! I think the jungle logic applies here. Take take take without giving.

I would disagree with that 100% and I take offence to your statement :(

joseburgos
08-19-2008, 06:39 AM
hi, sorry i dont speak a perfect english so i hope you can undertand

my company just bought a Tricaster Studio and im the designer so they want me to do new virtual sets so i bought lightwave and arsenal, and im not bad learning it (and i already use cinema4d), and i get the live set constructor but i dont really know how it works i mean is easy, you put a background and stuffs but how u open it in the tricaster?

can you help me

Sorry but I do not own a Tricaster (I have a VT[5]) but in VT systems, the files go here:C:\Program Files\NewTek\VT5\User Data\Default User\VSFX

There are three LiveSet construction tools;
01) LiveSet Construction Kit (limited to what it can produce)
02) LW LiveSet construction Kit (limited to two feeds)
03) Aura LiveSet construction kit (no limitations)
Aura plug-in also works in Mirage.

LW and Aura kits come with detailed documentation and tutirials which should get you started.
Once you start to create your own sets via the tutorial, look at the tips and tricks section of this forum for advanced LiveSet techniques.

Take care,

Jim_C
08-19-2008, 08:38 AM

You obviously have not been around here long.

SBowie
08-19-2008, 10:17 AM
03) Aura LiveSet construction kit (no limitations)Just to be 100% accurate, the Aura plugin alone cannot produce 'true' 3D reflections, refraction and shadows as seen in some demo sets. It can fake lot of things though, but you need to understand the basics of Aura.

LW and Aura kits come with detailed documentation and tutorials which should get you started.I agree. It seem a little early to be angry about this. (especially when one's own total post count is measured in two digits?)

The subject of LiveSets is a fairly deep one, lots of possibilities - and probably best learned by personal time spent with the plugins, supplied docs, and then help from friends in here.

It reminds me just a bit of the email I got asking me to explain (in an email) how to produce a feature movie that had the same effects as Robin William's "What Dreams May Come".

My reply was something along these lines:

Step 1 - raise $10-20 million
Step 2 - hire at least 1 of the top 25 effects artists in Hollywood
Step 3 - get back to me after completing the first two steps. ;)

TIMECARE
08-20-2008, 01:21 AM
I am sorry Jose. My post was not complete. I now note that when I tried to edit my post, 5 mins had elapsed. The following should have been that post:

I dont really see any enthusiasm around to help !!!! I think the jungle logic applies here. Take take take without giving save for some people like Burgosfx, SBowie, AnimLab and a few more. I follow mostly Tricaster forums, and the same problem occurs there. When some days ago I placed some of my projects, mostly were astonished to the fact that it is normally unusual to expose so much.

One reply to my posting was:

Timecare,
This has to be the most generous sharing I've seen in quite a long time. Thank you immensely!!

TIMECARE
08-20-2008, 02:07 AM
As you may have noticed I have not been around for long and may be my enthusiam to explore so much in so little time ran away with me.

I apologise to anyone who felt offended with my post.

May I ask a simple question:

What software is required to produce virtual sets like the ones provided with the Tricaster Studio? I purchased Lightwave 3D v9. I thank you all in anticipation.

Joe

billmi
08-20-2008, 06:35 AM
See Jose's post #15, above. The LightWave Live Set Construction Kit can be downloaded from the support section at NewTek.com. It has the LiveSet generating pluggin for LightWave as well as a few example scenes and instructions.

idpl
08-20-2008, 11:39 AM
thanxs so much, i will try like you say joseburgos, and i dont know if its me or the new tek manuals are... deficient! or maybe im just too stupid for this jejje

SBowie
08-20-2008, 11:51 AM
LiveSets are a very versatile technology, but at present creating more advanced ones basically requires most of us to learn either Aura, or LW, or ideally - both. These are not trivial, so don't be too hard on yourself!

joseburgos
08-20-2008, 01:57 PM
idpl,
The LW tutorial is straight forward, just follow the steps and you should be able to make your first LiveSet.
The kit comes with pre-made sets so just render one of them to make your first LiveSet if you want instant satisfaction.
Then after that, take your time and make a simple one to get you feet wet.
My first LS was of box with the front poly surfaced with the LS surface mapped to FX (video monitor) and a plane mapped to input with transparency LS surface added.
Once this worked, I then began to add geometry to the LW scene.
*Like the documentations states, stay away from surfaces that have glow enabled. Liveset will freak out if the LS surface is too close to the glow surface.

More than that is very hard to give help since it is better to answer questions from mistakes you encounter.

Hope that makes sense,

TIMECARE
08-22-2008, 11:11 AM
See Jose's post #15, above. The LightWave Live Set Construction Kit can be downloaded from the support section at NewTek.com. It has the LiveSet generating pluggin for LightWave as well as a few example scenes and instructions.

Thanks billmi

idpl
10-14-2008, 11:55 AM
hello
first thanxs Jose Burgos youhelpme a lot, im in my 7 set now, but now im tring to do diferent stuff, but i discover than when i change from one camera to another in the same shot (i hope those are the names) i have to focus the studio camera every time, i mean that i have 1 camera and i put the scene and the shot but if i focus it in close up in wire the person looks giant, i know is an error that i make when i was building it but i dont know how to fix it:
can you helpme:help:

joseburgos
10-14-2008, 02:52 PM
Trying to understand what your problem is.
When you say change from one camera to another, are you talking about in LW or using it LiveSet?

SBowie
10-14-2008, 08:20 PM
If I read this correctly, it sounds like the use of a wrong warp type for the source (so that it's not scaling, thus requiring adjustment of the camera zoom to compensate).

joseburgos
10-15-2008, 07:18 AM
Ah..maybe she has keyhole enabled?

SBowie
10-15-2008, 08:18 AM
Kinda what I was thinking, yep ...

idpl
10-15-2008, 09:09 AM
well i will try to explain better, i made it in LW and i put the splin cameras, but when i use it in the tricaster it doesnt work like it should, i can use the same focus to the wire and to the close up. cause if i focus in close up, in wire persons look giant for the set.
is it better??

SBowie
10-15-2008, 09:56 AM
:)

I'm thinking by 'wire', you mean 'wide' - and by 'focus', you mean 'zoom'. And I'll let Josť take it from there.

idpl
10-15-2008, 10:02 AM
sorry yes thats what i mean, some things i dont know the names in english.sorry

SBowie
10-15-2008, 12:20 PM
No problem at all, just trying to help. (Actually, I was wondering how Josť's Spanish is?)

joseburgos
10-15-2008, 01:08 PM
No worse :)
Lets start with LW, in the LiveSet Master plug-in, do you have Keyhole enabled?
If you do, it should only be enabled for the closeup LW camera and none other.

joseburgos
10-15-2008, 01:13 PM
No problem at all, just trying to help. (Actually, I was wondering how Josť's Spanish is?)

Not fluent but I have access to many people that are so reply in Spanish and I will reply back in both Spanish and English.

Did not notice Mexico, good catch Steve.

Take care,

idpl
10-16-2008, 10:14 AM
well yes i do have the keyhold for close up, i did exactly has the tutorial said

i made a test, i open the exaple liveset and i put in there my set, and it works but if i do it all my self it doesnt work, and i review every single thing averything is the same but it doesnt work when i do it my self, in fact the other test wwas exporting the line cameras from that example liveset but it didnt work

joseburgos
10-16-2008, 10:35 AM
Try this one thing, if you are not doing it.
On your video plane surfaces, click on auto size after you add the LiveSet surface for both input and fx.

I suspect your liveset surface is not 100% of your surface and will not be noticed in Keyhole but in all other camera shots.
Keyhole is the assumed 100% of the input feed and all liveset surfaces need to be set to 100% of the polygon (easy to set by clicking on autosize) allowing for perfect alignment from the keyhole reference.

Hope that fixes things for you,

idpl
10-16-2008, 11:08 AM
ok let me do that and i will tell you

idpl
10-16-2008, 11:29 AM
youre genial!!!

it works! it doesnt work the same way for fx but it works yeeeeyyyy!!!
thanks a lot
muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuchas gracias

sorry i get so happy!

joseburgos
10-16-2008, 02:22 PM
Yeah, I am happy as well :)

De nada,