PDA

View Full Version : Where is the LW Trial Download?

LTG1
05-05-2008, 03:07 PM
Ok I've looked around the site, and searched the forum for threads, can't see any info.

Does anyone know when a LW Trial will be available?

Thanks,
LTG

AbnRanger
05-05-2008, 04:49 PM
Not sure why they hide it where the average newcomer can't easily find it, but in the meantime, here you go:
http://www.newtek-europe.com/uk/products/lightwave/index_lw9trial.html

Phil
05-06-2008, 05:20 AM
Sadly, that approach no longer works. NewTek US broke this some months ago.

For now, you need to use direct download links that can only be provided by a registered user who digs into the HTML source provided when trying to download themselves. For now, these links seem to work :

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showpost.php?p=681245&postcount=3

Jockomo
05-06-2008, 07:51 AM
This company really amazes me.
Whoever took the demo link down should be fired.

What's it going to take to convince you bozos that you need a link to a demo on the front page ALL THE TIME?

Sometimes I think NewTek doesn't really want new customers.

LTG1
05-06-2008, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the help all - I am really, really, shocked.

A company has a working trial and won't update a web page so users can access it?

The most scary thing is if a company can't get this right then what else is going wrong just beneath the surface?

I hate to come in as a new user and be immediately critical of a company but I have just never seen such a thing before.

:foreheads

cresshead
05-06-2008, 01:18 PM
well newtek does stuff 'different'...some of it works out to be fantastic..like being able to run windows or mac installs of lightwave at a moments notice[just move the usb key]

..other things just want to make you bludgeon your eye's out with a rusty hammer!

it's not perfect i'll admit but lightwve does deliver really well on most things!

Paul_Boland
05-06-2008, 01:31 PM
A forum member had to send me a demo disc of Lightwave 7 when I was starting out with Lightwave. If I recall, when I started looking at Lightwave, the demo wasn't available which was odd! However, I'm now using Lightwave 8.5 and love it, though I'm still fairly new and am finding my feet.

pell
05-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Sadly, that approach no longer works. NewTek US broke this some months ago.

For now, you need to use direct download links that can only be provided by a registered user who digs into the HTML source provided when trying to download themselves. For now, these links seem to work :

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showpost.php?p=681245&postcount=3

Thanks. I had been watching for the trial for a while now.

Oedo 808
05-06-2008, 05:21 PM
From what I can gather, being in a Newtek board meeting would be like experiencing an interactive episode of The Apprentice.

AbnRanger
05-07-2008, 12:18 AM
From what I can gather, being in a Newtek board meeting would be like experiencing an interactive episode of The Apprentice.Well, in that scenario...whomever is playing the role of Donald Trump needs to send the person responsible for not making a demo easily accessible, packing...right? Oops...that might have the Donald guy firing himself. :D

Seriously though, Newtek...when all your competitors have some form of trial readily available, and you don't...that negatively reflects on you as a company in the same way as a job applicant would, having numerous typos on their resume. You and the job applicant have something to sell...both scream "ill-prepared..and don't really care!"

One sure mehtod (typo intended) of losing sales...demopstrading (typ-ooh intemted) U doh'nt really care.

Blessed
05-07-2008, 06:59 PM
I just down loaded the demo version and could not get it to work. I really hate that but stuff happens. I have Soft image 5.11 and I also have Light wave 7. something and I wanted to either upgrade my Soft image or upgrade to the newer version of Light wave it seems to have gotten a lot better since the 7.5 days but trying to see how much better it has gotten in discovery mode sucks. Ideally what I wanted to do is work with the trial version for a month and then buy LW 9.3 or 9.5 when it comes out, but now I think I will stick with Softimage and upgrade to the newest version. I started in LW 5 it was my first so I kind of wanted to come back to it but I don't want to buy it to evaluate it.

Oedo 808
05-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Another satisfied potential customer, I'm sure I'll just wait around and get myself a second-hand copy, but when I was looking at buying it new I found many areas as clear as mud.

Maybe this being obtuse is part of a cunning plan to increase bootlegging and infiltrate the grass-roots piracy market, unfortunately they seem to have forgotten the bit about progressing on to licensed copies.

NewTek, you're fired! :foreheads

cresshead
05-07-2008, 11:02 PM
re the 'demo didn't work'
what lightwave version of the demo is it?
what o/s are you installing to...winxp, win2000, vista, osx [g4 or intel]

by ''didn't work''...does that mean >
1.did not install to your hard drive
2.could not be run after install
3.crashed on launching either app
4.only runs in discovery mode not FULL app demo mode for 30 days

Blessed
05-08-2008, 05:21 PM
I am sorry Lightwave 9.3 only runs in discovery mode not FULL app demo mode for 30 days

Matt
05-08-2008, 05:59 PM
Here it is! (http://www.bloodbook.com/end-net.htm) ;)

AbnRanger
05-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Here it is! (http://www.bloodbook.com/end-net.htm) ;)Busted link, it appears, Matt...

Matt
05-09-2008, 01:10 AM
Busted link, it appears, Matt...

Did you read it properly?

;)

Ztreem
05-09-2008, 01:54 AM
Here it is! (http://www.bloodbook.com/end-net.htm) ;)

LOL! :D (Even the angry cat can laugh sometimes)

AbnRanger
05-09-2008, 02:05 AM
Did you read it properly?

;)ah ha...quite the persistent prankster, you are :jester:

didn't even notice. Actually, the download is located just a bit further down the street from that link...outside the internet where defunct programs live. Kind of like the movie "Serenity" where they venture into Reaver territory....