PDA

View Full Version : Dongle Replacement

Bog
07-23-2003, 03:38 AM
Hi,

I've had my dear old parallel-port dongle since about 1996 or something like that, and I've always been careful to treat it nicely - I've never plugged printers into it as a pass-through or anything like that. However, it's starting to randomly fail - LW is starting up in Disovery Mode more and more often. I've tried it on multiple machines and yes, Veronica, it looks like my ickle dongle is finally going senile.

I bought LightWave from AMG way back in the mists of whenever - and I don't think they actually exist per-se anymore. Whom in the UK should I ask for help?

Also, there's the Really Major Problem that I'm hip deep in a project, and simply can't swing lots of downtime, but I'm terrified that my dongle will die completely before I'm done.

Any help would be gratefully accepted.

bobakabob
07-23-2003, 05:20 AM
I bought my copy of LW from AMG too. Contact One Video (http://www.onevideo.net)
and they'll replace your dongle for a USB version - quickly, I gather - but you have to return the original. I'm thinking of doing the same... The service at One Video has been great so far... let me know how you get on...
Rob

Dodgy
07-23-2003, 07:10 AM
I asked onevideo.net to replace mine too a few weeks ago, the young lady there was very helpful and I got a replacement duo usb dongle in about a week. Even collected my old dongle at the same time.

Hondo
07-23-2003, 04:55 PM
I'm still using a Com port dongle also. It has gone bad on me twice and I've just contacted NewTek and they've been ever so nice and replaced it. I have noooo clue how long that generosity will last but as of now NewTek has been my go to guy.