PDA

View Full Version : New LScript if you're interested

TalleyJC
05-05-2008, 09:26 AM
While going through Proton's excellent tutorials I started tinkering with rigging (not character ones but more hard body stuff) where I needed to use lots of nulls. I started to get tired of the parenting trick to align stuff. The parenting trick if you're not familiar with it is turning off parent in place, parenting one object to another, turning on parenting in place and then unparenting the object. There are some limitations and it doesn't seem to work 100% of the time. So I wrote a script to let you choose a source and destination object and select which channels you want to align. Its overall intention is to align things on frame zero, but I also added a starting and ending destination frame. Its kind of hard to explain but if you tinker with it you may find it helpful.

Its a stupidly simple plugin but I think you'll find it useful. Give it a shot let me know if you like it or can think of other things you'd like it to do.

Also I never compile my scripts in case you want to poke around to learn how they work in notepad

...Talley