PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave wins prize...

richpr
07-23-2003, 02:35 AM
See Emmy's (http://www.emmys.com/downloads/images/2003engineering.pdf)

From the document...

Following is the Engineering Plaque winner:
· NewTek’s LightWave 3D (NewTek, Inc.)-
that it included all modeling, texturing,
single package, at a single price.

Congrats, NewTek!!!

CGTalk Thread (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77362)

takkun
07-23-2003, 02:39 AM
Also Lightwave is used in almost all of the shows that were nominated for VFX this year. Congrats Newtek!

Dodgy
07-23-2003, 03:06 AM
Noticeable lack of posts to this thread... Can't the naysayers come up with something negative to say? LOL

Fantastic news, good job Newtek!

Exper
07-23-2003, 03:50 AM
Many many congrats to NewTek!!!

Neil_Campbell
07-23-2003, 05:03 AM
The first general purpose 3D program, in that it included all modeling, texturing, animation and rendering functions in a single package, at a single price.
A single package eh? Guess they hadn't heard about Modeller and Layout being glued together with the Hub :D

And before anyone thinks I'm being negative, I'm not really a great fan of integrating Modeller and Layout - maybe because I don't do CA I don't come across the workflow issues with Skelegons and the like as often (or at all) as others. I like keeping the tools separate myself, since it suits my workflow.

Anyway, in all seriousness, congratulations NewTek.

Neil

riki
07-23-2003, 05:33 AM
Lots of good news lately, that's great to see.

Neil_Campbell
07-23-2003, 06:15 AM
Chuck, I'm just ribbing you guys :)

BTW, are you looking for the Oscar next year?

Chuck
07-23-2003, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by Neil_Campbell
A single package eh? Guess they hadn't heard about Modeller and Layout being glued together with the Hub :D

And before anyone thinks I'm being negative, I'm not really a great fan of integrating Modeller and Layout - maybe because I don't do CA I don't come across the workflow issues with Skelegons and the like as often (or at all) as others. I like keeping the tools separate myself, since it suits my workflow.

Anyway, in all seriousness, congratulations NewTek.

Neil

Think about "package" versus "program" or "application"... :)

Neil_Campbell
07-23-2003, 06:17 AM
Huh?

I could have sworn Chuck had posted a reply in here, and now it's gone.

Whoever can moderate Chuck's posts out of existence must be all powerful.

Neil_Campbell
07-23-2003, 06:18 AM
And now it's back again. Weird.

Is the board playing up?

Chuck
07-23-2003, 07:11 AM
Oz the great and powerful would be me, even though klutzy! ;)

I hit the wrong button when I went to edit to add a smiley and deleted the post...

Yog
07-23-2003, 07:22 AM
Congratulations guys. :D

Having a television program that extensively used Lightwave winning an Emmy is one thing. Having Lightwave itself winning an Emmy is another kettle of fish altogether.

policarpo
07-23-2003, 08:49 AM
Congrats to the team for the past, present and the future!!!!

Keep up the great work!

Matt
07-23-2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Neil_Campbell

Neil

Hehe! I was thinking that!!! :)

Good news though!

meshmaster
07-23-2003, 09:51 AM
Maybe Newtek will gain Sainthood too! :)

js33
07-24-2003, 12:48 AM
Congratulations Newtek for the Emmy. Now lets go for the Oscar.:D I would like to see LW compete more in the film arena rather than just TV. I know LW has been used on some, well alot, of films actually but usually in small roles except for Jimmy Neutron.

Cheers,
JS

digefxgrp
07-24-2003, 02:00 AM
A freakin’ plaque? No statue???
Too bad. The pointy wings come in handy for roasting marshmallows over the fireplace or cleaning your ears.