PDA

View Full Version : Multiple commands to Command Input

DavidLCarson
05-03-2008, 03:32 PM
Is there a way to input multiple commands to the command input?

In order to work around a Lightwave bug, I need to do the following:

GoToFrame 1
RenderCurrentFrame
GoToFrame 2
RenderCurrentFrame
etc. etc.

There doesn't seem to be any way to do this with lscript, so I'm wondering if there is a way to input a text file of commands to the command input. I see there are provisions for saving a command history; Is there a way to load a command list?

LightFreeze
05-03-2008, 06:36 PM
if you go here (http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/tutorials/videos/) and scroll down to the section on Lscript and watch the Lscript commander vids you`ll get a better idea of what you can do

TalleyJC
05-06-2008, 10:06 AM
I'm at work so I don't have LW in front of me but I think Lscript should be something like this:

scene = Scene();
generic
{
for(x = 1;x <= 100;x++)
{
GoToFrame(x);
RenderFrame();

}

}

DavidLCarson
05-08-2008, 08:59 AM
You would think that would work. Unfortunately, what happens is Lightwave runs from frame 1 to 100 and then renders frame 100 only.

I'm trying to work out a MasterScript that avoids the problem, but so far I haven't gotten one that works.

Also, I can't find a way to get Lightwave to render a frame without requiring me to press 'continue' before it moves on to the next frame. Since the point of this script is to be able to render a range of frames while I'm away from the computer, it seems I will have to treat each frame as a render sequence and call 'RenderScene()'

TalleyJC
05-08-2008, 11:35 AM
Scene object agents have these available:

framestart, renderstart
framestart, renderstart contains an integer value that represents the beginning frame number to render.

framestep, renderstep
framestep, renderstep contains an integer value that represents the frame step value.

frameend
renderend
frameend, renderend contains an integer value that represents the ending frame number to render.

Also available is FirstFrame();

PreviousFrame();
NextFrame();

How about the status of Auto Frame advance?

LightFreeze
05-08-2008, 01:13 PM
what you could is send the scenes to screamernet, if you look at Jeremy Hardins Lscript (http://jeremy.lwidof.net/lscript/) page he has a couple of scripts for rendering scenes with screamernet on the local machine.
You should be able to edit them for your purposes or possibly call them from your script.

DavidLCarson
05-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Thanks! I'm checking these out right now...

TalleyJC
05-09-2008, 12:39 PM
Did some more digging for you... Here's how you can kill the dialog box...(just be sure to set it back to what it was before)

AutoConfirm(1); // turns off the confirmation requester
AutoConfirm(0); // back on

DavidLCarson
05-09-2008, 04:36 PM
Thanks! I'll check it out...