PDA

View Full Version : Timeline audio/ render mismatch

pdp editor
05-02-2008, 07:58 PM
I created an audio and loaded it onto the timeline to sync objects moving in layout. I have everything exactly as it should be down to the half second. The problem is the render is a completely different animal from what plays on the timeline. I have checked my render globals according to Dan Ablan's inside lightwave9 I can not figure this one out.

BTW the render is a whole 4 seconds shorter than what plays on the timeline. :newtek:

Surrealist.
05-02-2008, 10:04 PM
Are you on a Mac or PC?

pdp editor
05-03-2008, 01:08 AM
I'm using a PC, Windows XP, LW 9.3.1

pdp editor
05-03-2008, 03:14 AM
Here are two screen shots of the problem the first show the audio waveform and what sound event plays at what frame. the waveform runs the entire length of the frames.

the second screen shot shows the rendered rtv file in SE. the sound file is much longer the the rendered file and nothing is sync as it was in layout.

Clearly there is something missing from this process; however if one reads and follows the pdf document provided with lightwave this should work as stated. As I have found many times what is written and what actually happens are not related in any way. NT's documentation of LW tells and talks alot about all the wonderful things it can do; but telling and talking is not instructing. so one needs third parties to fill in the void. I have Dan's book on LW but he did not attempt to load an audio file in scene editor ,created the movement of objects based on the sound; then render that out and have it match perfectly as setup in layout. So you're left stuck in the middle trying to fall backwards into a solution. This is the beauty of this forum; there is vast amount of information here; most of it does exactly what I mentioned above; fill the jagged edges left unanswered in so many different areas. Rant complete! and now for my post:

Surrealist.
05-03-2008, 04:03 AM
I seem to remember somebody having a similar problem. Have you tired a search for audio? I do know that the Mac has some issues, but you are on a PC. You might find some threads about this.

OK so we may as well cover some basics.

First are you sure the audio is in sync in the scene? Have you actually created a preview? Or did you just play the time line in layout? Just a thought. There might be a difference.

Then are you sure that the clip frames per second matches up with the project frames per second in SE?

And just to be sure, have you made sure that all this is consistent? Are you rendering the same FPS as your SE project? If you render out at 24 FPS and the project is set to 30 that could account for it.

Just grasping at straws here, forgive me if you have checked that all ready.

Then finally have you tried this in another editor with another codec to see if it is just a SE problem?

You could render an AVI and pop it into Movie Maker along with the audio and check that.

Just some ideas.

pdp editor
05-03-2008, 09:04 AM
the audio is in sync- I checked it with a preview. both LW and SE are set to 30 FPS Next I will try this in Adobe P.

Surrealist.
05-03-2008, 10:27 AM
What about the sample rate of the audio? I forgot to ask about that. Just another thing to look into.

pdp editor
05-05-2008, 05:50 PM
Well as feared I have to dumb down to a secondary means of getting the job done. I used Adobes captvate to digitalize the screen as LW'S layout does what its rendering can not, a rather retarded way of doing something but I need this project to move along.

and oh BTW premiere Pro does not have Jolt so I did not even waste my time, instead I rethought the entire effect and stayed within the confines of what LW can do and render.

I like the Jolt effect; being able to control that knid movement right down to the keyframe is awesome- if only we could render it out with that carefully designed sync movement intact- IF ONLY!!!!

Surrealist.
05-05-2008, 10:44 PM
Oh.... you never said anything about jolt. :hey: There is also a motion modifier that will take sound and create a motion from it. Sorry I should have asked what effect you were trying to create. Maybe we could have figured it out for you in LightWave. :)