PDA

View Full Version : video error out of the box

jeff2000
07-22-2003, 09:47 PM
Just bought a toaster system. dual xeon system. scsi drives. turnkey system. Hooked up 2 cameras and a dv deck into yc inputs. also tried composite. The video looks fine in program then when you go to another source in preview and take it, it looks "painted" (funky colors) and jumps (out of sync?). If you click between the 3 inputs in the main bus, the source (1-2-3-1-2-3, etc) will look bad then good the next time through. It repeats this. Or if you put the same input in program and preview, when you take it, it will be ok, then goes back to bad when you switch again. CG looks fine. BG looks fine. Aura framebuffer looks fine. I'm using the sx8 by the way. I had to really sell the benefits and low cost of this system to my upper management before they'd buy it. They didn't believe something this inexpensive would do what it claims to do. I hope this isn't an omen.

P.S.
Newtek- The last thing I want to see is a bunch of silly questions about ufo's, etc. (preferences area?) when I just spent 9k on something I'm having issues with. Know what I mean?

SBowie
07-23-2003, 05:38 AM
I'd be on the phone to the guy you bought it from in a heartbeat. If you put it together yourself, call Tech Support. Without going over the usual stuff, I'd say either your daughter card or SX-8 itself is 'suspect' - I've seen something like this ONCE before, and it was hardware.

Kurt_Henning
07-23-2003, 05:57 AM
I have seen this symptom and reseating the cables will usually clear it up. You are new.

don't panic, he system works, and 9K compared to 50K for an avid that won't act as a switcher?

Relax and scientifically troubleshoot.

CAll your dealer if it does not clear up.

I have switched a lot of shows on t2, and I know it works.

But it's your dealer and this community that makes the difference.

Don't give up

Don't panic your superiors, especiellay if you are the one that reccomended it. They will lose confidence quiclkly.

DonN
07-23-2003, 09:17 AM
Sounds like hardware.
Good advice is to unemotionally trouble shoot it.

Your dealer has all the spares to swap out... work with them.

If you did it yourself.... then its NewtEkk - and us...

Please say you worked a deal thru the reseller channel.
This is how I save money and time = money.

Don

Blaine Holm
07-28-2003, 03:35 PM
bad sx-8 or moive2bus connector

PIZAZZ
07-29-2003, 07:42 AM
what Blaine said and...

I would reseat your SX8 daughter card onto the VT card.

Relax you are in good hands here.

Jef

tomahack
07-29-2003, 09:05 AM
Same problem here since day 1.

I sent numerous emails to tech support without success. Probably a bad card or cable. I have an early production SX8.