PDA

View Full Version : Repeat animation?

toorima
05-01-2008, 10:25 AM
hello, I am wondering if it is possible to do something similar to an endomorph for bones.

I have a snail with skelegons and I want to repeat the sliding motion it would do to move it's self. I know I could use IK but I think it would be faster if there was away to repeat motions using bones/skelegons.

BlueApple
05-01-2008, 10:38 AM
If you've already done the initial animation and just want to loop it, you could open up the graph editor for all animated channels and set the end behavior to repeat.

You could also capture the animation as a motion in motion mixer and set it to repeat there, though this may be unnecessary for your purposes.

Yet another option is to simply copy and paste the keyframes you want to repeat. Open the scene editor (the current one, not the classic) and drag a box around the keyframes you want to duplicate. Alt+Drag inside of the selected box and all of the keyframes will be duplicated.

toorima
05-01-2008, 10:45 AM
thanks for the help, I am trying to copy and paste the key frames now, I am not repeating it in a loop, but making it walk but it is a hassel to have to move bones every time I want to move forward... Endomorphs for bones would be great lol :p

BlueApple
05-01-2008, 12:09 PM
I am not sure what you're trying to do when you say endomorphs for bones. Do you want to create a mesh deformation from moving bones, and save the deformation as something you can control with a slider?

More skilled users out there may be able to help you with an expression that could play back your bone animations based on your mesh changing position in Z space. I suppose then you wouldn't need to manually move the bones all of the time.

SplineGod
05-01-2008, 02:03 PM
Are you trying to make the snail stretch? You can move the snail forward and use bones to move and stretch parts of the snail. The bones dont have to be in a heirarchy but just used as individual unparented deformers.
You can also use the cyclist plugin to get the animation to repeat AND playback based on the speed the snail is moving forward.

Cageman
05-03-2008, 01:27 AM
Yeah... as SplineGod says, Cyclist sounds like the way to go...

http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/training.php?t=77002

Scroll down to Animation and look for "Introduction to Cyclist"