PDA

View Full Version : Feature Requests for renderer improvements

Castius
07-22-2003, 05:35 PM
I'd like to build simple examples to help illustrate the major weakness in the render for Newtek to look at for post LW 8 features. Iíd like any input from users that do more rendering than I do to help me make them.

Example
http://www.3dluvr.com/intercepto/maya/tutorials/mray_thegathering/indoor01.htm

43 seconds at 800X600 low aa
http://www.steelronin.com/temp/MRvsLW_43s.jpg
It doesnít look that good but itís close to his results.

I know for one enhanced AA with GI is a big no no. So Iíd like to refine these issues. Sort of mini challenges. What you think of these categories. And what simple situation would illustrate the problems with them. Let me know if these categories need to refined or more added.

Texturing ( resizing, AA )
Surface ( transparency )
Raytrace ( artifacts )
Lights ( shadows )
Volume ( artifacts, speed )
Camera ( AA, motion blur, DOF, post )
GI ( Hdri, speed, animation, quaility )

Thanks

takkun
07-22-2003, 06:09 PM
I don't understand what would be the point of this exercise except to improve your own rendering skills. I don't think that the users need to inform Newtek of the weaknesses of it's render, they should know the renderer inside and out more than any of us know it, I hope ;).

Castius
07-22-2003, 06:27 PM
users define the software otherwise there wouldn't be a request page.

Wade
07-23-2003, 12:24 AM
nah.

pauland
07-23-2003, 03:35 AM
I think the example has exposed a spelling weakness...

Lamont
07-23-2003, 06:35 AM
I don't see the point in your posting. I am pretty sure NT has eyes... :rolleyes:

kevman3d
07-24-2003, 04:51 AM
Well, I really don't see the point of this post either - And I don't understand the comment "I know for one enhanced AA with GI is a big no no"?

I often use Enhanced AA with GI so that I can use lower Radiosity settings and get a nice result in less render time - Usually its a case of don't use Adaptive Sampling AA with GI that causes the issues for me.

What was the issue you had? You got me curious now... :)