PDA

View Full Version : Failed to open RTME Device

Barak_Epstein
05-01-2008, 09:30 AM
odd scenario on new VT5 w/ SX-SDI system. Has anyone seen this?
The system is running on a Supermicro X7da8-o, Xeon 3.0 dual core 5160 x2.

On the first boot of the morning, the NewTek card and drivers are not loaded into the system. You shut it back down and pull the power cord for a second (that makes no sense by the way), and it will come up just fine.

I have checked the IRQs for conflicts... none. I even disabled the other network adapter that shared the IRQ for the Newtek card... no change.

I have run a new hardware search and it does not see the card.

I ran the "newtekrtme" in a command line and it returns a "Failed to open RTME Device!" message.

UnCommonGrafx
05-01-2008, 11:01 AM
Yah,
Used to always have to do this. Then it stopped at some point.
The reason to pull the power cord is for the mb to reset itself. With it plugged in, power is still being pulled and the mb is still "on" for all practical purposes. Which means it won't let go of whatever it's holding that won't let the VT start up.
Layman's terms, obviously, but you get the gist.

Home sick,

Blaine Holm
05-01-2008, 01:01 PM
It is likely that something else is running before the RTME service has started. I have seen this when a system is on a network that has no public IP. The loading of services, etc. is interrupted as the system looks for an IP address. You should always wait until the red light on the breakout box near input 1 comes on. However, in your case it could be a defective card because of the power issue.

Barak_Epstein
05-28-2008, 10:09 AM
we replaced the VT board and it didn't help. Most things in this system have already been replaced.

our last two options are to : replace the SDI daughter board

or : get a smaller Graphics card, which would enable the VT board to be put in a different slot

any other ideas?