PDA

View Full Version : Coffee Cream

m0184you
04-30-2008, 05:36 PM
Me again, seem like i'm stupid ... :)

I have trouble with making coffee foam/cream (bubbles on the top of coffee/liquid). I have one plain (top of liquid) like bouncing element, TWO emitter for foam (one emitter have smaller particles/lower transparency and second bigger particles with some transparency and reflection), also two collision object to make some randomness (position of the particles/foam on surface). Both particle emitters are in same group with Additive Blending mode in Hyper Voxels panel.

I will continue to work on this, BUT if someone solve this coffee foam "mystery" in LW i will be very grateful if he/she can say me some tip about this.

(The cup ... i will fix it in Modeler later ... not issue right now ... ONLY CREAM).

Attachment: My quick render AND Real stuff (my goal)!

Thanks in advance!

Matt
04-30-2008, 07:08 PM
I'd be inclined to use Spray Points, then use one of those plugins that copies background layer objects (model some different sized spheres) onto the points. They may even be a script that allows random sizing when placing.

m0184you
05-02-2008, 04:13 AM
Well,

I was playing with metaballs (gives more control) ... and came with something like this. I will do some tweak, modeling also texturing tweak, but i think i will do it.

Thanks Matt, i will try that method to. If anybody have some tip about this ... he/she is welcomed. Also if anybody have experience with similar stuff like beer foam, or soda effect like cola-bubbles (moving bubbles) please share ... Thanks in advance!!!

ikarth
05-02-2008, 06:15 AM
If it's just for a still, I would model the foam rather than try to use emitters. You need to be able to control the placement of the foam.

You could model the actual spheres for the bubbles as suggested, or you can apply the hypervoxels directly to the modeled points.

Looking at your reference image, it looks like the bubbles are all separate, and the finer foam just has more, smaller bubbles. If you do go the hypervoxel route, try turning off the additive blending, and have each voxel particle stand on its own.