PDA

View Full Version : For Lee Stranahan.

Yog
07-22-2003, 05:18 PM
Good news / Bad news.

Bad news first.
The angish, speculation, ranting and heart felt sounding forth is only going to get worse (much worse) as the week goes on, and probably the week after.

The Good news.
We really appreciate you (and the rest of the Newtek crew (waves to Chuck)) being here. No, honest we do :D
Please don't take anything personally, it's just your the nearest thing we have to a pressure release valve at the momment ;)

Stay cool.

GruvSyco
07-22-2003, 05:22 PM
I'm pleased with the way Newtek works with it's community. I think they are making it real clear they are listening to the users and trying to incorporate their ideas into making a better product.

Bravo.

milkman
07-22-2003, 05:33 PM
Yeah, thanks a ton, Lee, Proton, DigitalDeuce and the rest for your involvement!

takkun
07-22-2003, 06:17 PM
This new involvement that Newtek is taking in the community is great beyond words! I just hope that us users can keep level-headed and realistic so that this dialouge with the developers continues and results in great things for the future of Lightwave.

DigitalDeuce
07-22-2003, 06:20 PM
Hear hear.

I have really seen one main thing.

The users of LightWave are some of the most passionate, and intelligent software users around.

Good on you guys -- good all around.

Lets keep the good things goin

:D

Stranahan
07-22-2003, 06:26 PM
Can I tell you something?

I've had my share of ups and downs in my long relationship with NewTek. First and foremost, I'm an end user who uses their products and bought into the original, revolutionary premise of a company who made products that worked at a professional level but were affordable to the average person. That's still what I'm interested in, and Newtek has really delivered in the past couple of years. Great products that I love using, incredible value for the money, and the fun has come back.

This week, I've been nothing but happy and excited, and I want to thank NewTek for giving me the chance to publically talk about things. And I want to thank everyone here for their honest feedback and tremendous show of both loyalty and creativity.

dablan
07-22-2003, 06:47 PM
Lee!

Go check your private messages, will ya?

Dan

Doug Nicola
07-23-2003, 11:16 AM
This "marketing" campaign of NewTek's is just what I'd expect from this company... No BS, totally down to earth, and totally fun.

When I've seen some posts complaining that somehow this is not "professional" I just say "Thanks!" I like knowing that NT isn't afraid to step right out and be human, instead of falling into that faceless corporate grayness of so much of the business world. And Lee, your honesty is amazing and appreciated, as long as we get to be honest right back!

NewTek is a wonderful breath of fresh air, and from these teasers and hints, it is so clear that LW 8 will be incredible.

Thanks guys!

Stranahan
07-23-2003, 11:20 AM
Thanks Doug,

Frankly your note couldn't have come at a better time for me. I really appreciate it.

hrgiger
07-23-2003, 11:25 AM
It's good to hear a little positive here on the forums from time to time...

comanche
07-23-2003, 12:04 PM
Thanks to all of you at NT! Your great effort is highly appreciated. I'm sure you push development of LW as hard as you can.

Apologize to Proton for sounding so harsh at cgtalk (no bashing intended). Sorry for that, Proton, it was only addressed to the "Who wants to ..." thread, not personally. And will never happen again.

I'm very happy with the preorder of LW8 and I can't thank you enough for the great DFX+ deal. :)

Looking forward to Siggraph.

Cheers,
Andreas

js33
07-23-2003, 07:56 PM
Lee,

I appreciate your honesty and guts to put up with all of us good or bad. I know 8 will be great and will only get better over time.
I know you guys will continue to satisfy the majority of users and try to catch up with the naysayers as you have time later on with the .1 releases. Don't let anyone here get you down because even though there are always some people that are unhappy no matter what you do I think the majority of the LW user base is 100% behind you, Proton, Deuce, Chuck and everyone else at Newtek.

Cheers Guys, :D
JS

colkai
07-24-2003, 03:56 AM
I can only add a 'hear hear' to this.
There have been far too many negative threads over what is not yet known.
I feel Lee, Chuck, Deuce, Proton have all suffered diatribes which have amazed me in their ferocity and anti-LW stance.

You guys do a hell of a job, I'm sure I speak for many of us here when I say we like what we are hearing, (or not hearing :D).

Just because we may not shout as loud - don't think for one second that folks are not 'ex-8-ted' about whats going on ;)

So let's have a "Hell Yeah" for the Newtek team! :cool:

Nemoid
07-24-2003, 06:50 AM
I think people in Newtek are excellent!
Proton , Lee, Deuce and Chuck are great people
that love Lw, and use it!!

also, I think that in most cases, when some negativity
comes in the forums its because of passion and
there is always the attempt to make
a constructive dialogue.

finally, a company that accept this sort of dialogue
is very clever, because users are the best resource
to know if the direction of efforts is good.

so, since Nt have this philosophy i am optimistic
and sure of a bright future for Lw.

Siggraph will be a great event indeed for all of us.:)