PDA

View Full Version : anyone here in Australia?

sadkkf
04-30-2008, 03:24 PM
Way off topic here, but I'm looking for some Bundy! :D

hijacker
04-30-2008, 09:16 PM
Yep there are a couple of us, I'm located up in the Alpine region.

cheers

Martyn

voriax
04-30-2008, 09:19 PM
Bundy?

Hopper
04-30-2008, 09:23 PM
Not at the moment, but if you would kindly contribute to the "I need to go to Australia" fund, I'll be there as fast as I can.

hijacker
04-30-2008, 09:28 PM
Bundy is a rum made from the fermented milk of a 1000 suntanned beachmaidens. Aged in barrels of gold and best drunk after dark from an old slouch hat. Kangaros are renowned for carrying it in their pouchs and rearing their young joeys on it.

It's the prefered drink of Jackaroo's and Ringers.

Cheers

Martyn

Hopper
04-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Bundy is a rum made from the fermented milk of a 1000 suntanned beachmaidens.
Hmmm ... let's see ...

1. A drink made of curtled colostrum from 2000 sun dried melanoma covered hooters

or

2. A fine port wood single malt scotch.

Bartender... Scotch please! :D

eagleeyed
04-30-2008, 09:45 PM
Myself is in the Knox area in Victoria, just to let people know, after all, it is a victoria thread. :D

hijacker
04-30-2008, 09:47 PM
You've got no class at all. Bundy will leave a mark from the lips to the dunny roll - but best of all, no hangover. Horses drink it, Dogs drink it and girls always look way better after you've drunk it.

Hopper
04-30-2008, 09:49 PM
Myself is in the Knox area in Victoria, just to let people know, after all, it is a victoria thread. :D
I'm assuming by your username "Ashley" that you are indeed female. No offense was intended to you or any of our female forum users by my previous post.

sammael
04-30-2008, 09:52 PM
I'm here too but I would rather drink out of a public toilet than consume any Bundy :)

Dodgy
04-30-2008, 10:45 PM
I'm in sydney now. Looking for freelance work if there's any around :)

eagleeyed
04-30-2008, 11:23 PM
Hopper, hahaha, I am male, dont worry, common mistake.
Thats why I dont like this name much at times. :P

I was originally last year going to change my name to Stewie, but decided against it. I just get called Stewie by lots of friends. :P

jdomingo
04-30-2008, 11:30 PM
not an OZ yet but m here in perth, i think the only LWaver down here

3D Kiwi
04-30-2008, 11:38 PM
Kiwi in sydney here

Hopper
04-30-2008, 11:47 PM
Hopper, hahaha, I am male, dont worry, common mistake.
Doh! :foreheads

A coleague of mine has the same name but he spells it Ashly so I thought hmmmm...

archijam
05-01-2008, 12:22 AM
Representing Fremantle in Basel :thumbsup: !

voriax
05-01-2008, 12:51 AM
not an OZ yet but m here in perth, i think the only LWaver down here

Nope, there's at least two more of us..

RedBull
05-01-2008, 02:07 AM
I'm in sydney now. Looking for freelance work if there's any around :)

LW is hard to come by freelance LW work in OZ, (it does exist, but it's rare)
Try subscribing or reading the DLF-Jobs list, while you are looking.
http://www.dlf.org.au/lists.php

brian.coates
05-01-2008, 05:31 AM
Bottom of the world and cold as hell...

archijam
05-01-2008, 06:12 AM
LW is hard to come by freelance LW work in OZ, (it does exist, but it's rare)
Try subscribing or reading the DLF-Jobs list, while you are looking.
http://www.dlf.org.au/lists.php

Depends entirely I would say. Within games, etc, where you have to interface with other people producing the same project, I would agree, but for freelancing 3D and production in general, it's what you have done/can do that is paramount... and in your case you will be bringing the software with you I'm assuming. Your portfolio should speak for itself (especially in your case) :thumbsup:

There is too much work in OZ at th moment, at least that's the case in the West ... though the quality of the work may be suspect, it's there to be had.

Dodgy
05-01-2008, 08:21 AM
I do have all my own soft, so that is an advantage :) If you have too much work, please do pass it along :) My web page is in my sig for examples....

sadkkf
05-01-2008, 08:22 AM
Hey! Lots of you down under. Great to hear! How about sending a couple bottles my way?!

csoars
05-04-2008, 05:29 PM
I am in Melbourne - Warranwood (Ok so no one else in Melboune has ever heard of Warranwood - I know already)

Colin

Speedmonk42
05-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Most of you will be killed by poisonous spiders, fish, snakes, bugs, dogs and tacos by the end of the week.

Kuzey
05-05-2008, 04:25 AM
Ex Melbournian...here :hey:

Talking about spiders, I once found one in the house that was about 20 cm in diameter. Scared the hell out of me and took a good 30 minutes to kill with a broom. Not sure about tacos, but magpies in spring are dangerous to say the least :hey:

Kuzey

sadkkf
05-05-2008, 07:15 AM
Most of you will be killed by poisonous spiders, fish, snakes, bugs, dogs and tacos by the end of the week.

:lol:

mattc
05-05-2008, 07:23 AM
Nope, there's at least two more of us..

Make that three.

M.

eagleeyed
05-05-2008, 08:08 AM
I am in Melbourne - Warranwood (Ok so no one else in Melboune has ever heard of Warranwood - I know already)

Colin
Yep, you were right, never heard of Warranwood, but I just got my phone to look it up, (has a gps thingy) and you are only 25 mins from me. :P

3D Kiwi
05-05-2008, 03:15 PM
I have posted this before, But this is a Picture of a common house hold dog in Aussie.

I call Him Rover (or what ever he wants me to call him)

PS In his mouth is a common Aussie house hold cat.

I call him Kitty (well i did)

Speedmonk42
05-06-2008, 05:50 PM
Ex Melbournian...here :hey:

Talking about spiders, I once found one in the house that was about 20 cm in diameter. Scared the hell out of me and took a good 30 minutes to kill with a broom. Not sure about tacos, but magpies in spring are dangerous to say the least :hey:

Kuzey

No bug should take 30 minutes to kill.

Quarantine the place.

eagleeyed
05-06-2008, 08:58 PM
Dont get so worried. Spiders arent usually that hard to kill. Most spiders are less than the size of a 12 year old, so nothing to worry about.

Just have a drum (20 litre) of insect repelliant and power up the pump to spray it at them when they come close. Just dont hit the possums, koalas or especially the kangaroo's nearby, they are a bugger to hide when you accidently kill one.

hijacker
05-06-2008, 09:12 PM
Spiders???? My missÚs nearly got killed by a Wombat the other day, she was out chasing a run away Bull when one came at her - whilst she was on her horse. I really don't think the wombat thought it threw - I've up set them on occasion when fencing down along the river. When we lived in Darwin she got chased by a Croc at Fanny Bay when riding her horse on the beach - Crocs seem to like th e taste of Germans. We get snakes in the house every summer, Possums in winter, scorpians in the dry and frogs when it rains.

Speedmonk42
05-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Spiders???? My missÚs nearly got killed by a Wombat the other day, she was out chasing a run away Bull when one came at her - whilst she was on her horse. I really don't think the wombat thought it threw - I've up set them on occasion when fencing down along the river. When we lived in Darwin she got chased by a Croc at Fanny Bay when riding her horse on the beach - Crocs seem to like th e taste of Germans. We get snakes in the house every summer, Possums in winter, scorpians in the dry and frogs when it rains.

You should work for the tourism bureau.

RedBull
05-06-2008, 10:06 PM
We get snakes in the house every summer, Possums in winter, scorpians in the dry and frogs when it rains.

Yeah i tend to chase the Eastern Brown Snakes around with a Camera in Summer, They are agressive and also like to run silent which makes walking around the garage with a Camera a tense experience, also a rather more exciting adrenaline filled one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_brown_snake
"The Eastern Brown Snake is the second most venomous land snake in the world after the Inland Taipan"

And they really do rear-up in the Cobra stance that i thought was really just a image sold to me by the media, the one of Indians playing musical flutes.
Only I'm not Indian and i have no flute....

I was bitten by a Red-Back spider a few years back, the bite itself hurt, but the eventual toxic reaction was a slow and numbing and almost generally pleasing experience, I may have to try a funnelweb next time... :)

eagleeyed
05-06-2008, 10:10 PM
I was bitten by a Red-Back spider a few years back, the bite itself hurt, but the eventual toxic reaction was a slow and numbing and almost generally pleasing experience, I may have to try a funnelweb next time... :)

Dont encourage the kiddies reading this to find a new drug :P
We dont want them deliberately provoking redbacks to have a numbing and generally pleasing experience by getting bit.

Next thing we know the professional druggies will be extracting the venom from the spiders and supplying it in syringes, taking it straight to the blood stream.

(P.S. Red Back spiders can kill, dont do it!)

Kuzey
05-07-2008, 04:22 AM
No bug should take 30 minutes to kill.

Quarantine the place.

It was actually quite funny, but not at the time. The spider was large and fury and on the side of a wall. What I did was I grabbed one of those flat brooms like in this pic: http://www.broomcorn.com/flat_broom_files/image002.jpg

I had the great idea to pin him to the wall within the bristles, I didn't want that sucker to escape or eat me....if I whacked and missed :hey:

So there I was... those bristles, nice and soft were like shock absorbers and no matter the amount of force I used to press that broom against him..that thing wouldn't die.

Kuzey

righteous
05-07-2008, 05:32 AM
Another one here. I am up in the northern parts of the land. Brisbane, although I am an ex Tassie boy, I try not to tell too many people that. I figure I am safe on a LW forum :)

meshpig
05-07-2008, 06:27 AM
Screw the regional cities, they suck!

-Melbourne is built on a swamp at the edge of muddy bay with an even muddier river running up it's clacker.

- Canberra is full of lunatics, bureaucrats and dead-heads even though the terrain is nice.

-Adelaide will be lucky to still be drinking water in 10 years time let alone be filling their swimming pools... ten minute drive from the middle of nowhere.

- Brisbane is full of Queenslanders and foot long-stick insects never mind the Cane Toads, humidity and lack of anything interesting to do.

- Darwin is actually in Indonesia, which is by far a more interesting and challenging place.

-Perth in Souht Africa... it may as well be. Just too ***** far away for an insignificant country town.

OK, bring it on. I mean in Sydney we have the blue ringed octopus and the funnel webbed spider.

What more can you ask for?

m:jam::beerchug:

sadkkf
05-07-2008, 08:24 AM
Another one here. I am up in the northern parts of the land. Brisbane, although I am an ex Tassie boy, I try not to tell too many people that. I figure I am safe on a LW forum :)

Not to cause you any pain, but what's wrong with Tassie? I loved it there!

eagleeyed
05-07-2008, 08:47 AM
Not to cause you any pain, but what's wrong with Tassie? I loved it there!
I dont think anything is wrong with Tassie personally, but quite a few people dont like to be associated with coming from Tasmania. We went there and its lovely.

Tasmania has a reputation (maybe a false reputation at that) that:

Well I will put it this way, your mother may also be your sister.
Thats right, as Tasmania has a fairly small population Tasmania it has a widespread myth that as they can not find other partners outside of their family they make their partners family members.

People who are from Tassie (one of my friends aswell) can and maybe get asked about if their sister in their mum etc, and can just be awkward.

I am not speaking on righteous behalf in any case.
Another reason may be as there is not many people there it is not as active of town, and there may not be as much work.

meshpig
05-07-2008, 09:08 AM

Huh! You mean Auckland? Take it all with a grain of salt hey?

m

Steamthrower
05-07-2008, 09:19 AM
I believe that there was a line in The Princess Bride about you Aussies. Perhaps it's censored out by the Australian government, but it goes somewhat roughly like this:

Westley: You've made your decision then?

Vincini: Oh not remotely! Because Iocane comes from Australia, as
everyone knows, and Australia is entirely peopled with criminals. And
criminals are used to having people not trust them as you are not
trusted by me so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.

:ohmy:

sadkkf
05-07-2008, 11:24 AM
I dont think anything is wrong with Tassie personally, but quite a few people dont like to be associated with coming from Tasmania. We went there and its lovely.

Tasmania has a reputation (maybe a false reputation at that) that:

Thats right, as Tasmania has a fairly small population Tasmania it has a widespread myth that as they can not find other partners outside of their family they make their partners family members.

People who are from Tassie (one of my friends aswell) can and maybe get asked about if their sister in their mum etc, and can just be awkward.

I am not speaking on righteous behalf in any case.
Another reason may be as there is not many people there it is not as active of town, and there may not be as much work.

I hadn't heard that before. We get that here in the states, too, but generally regarding those in the South.

Still, Tassie is beautiful and I'd gladly ignore those comments if I lived there. :D

Steamthrower
05-07-2008, 11:35 AM
We get that here in the states, too, but generally regarding those in the South.:D

Sorry for butting into this rather foreign thread (again) but I live in Arkansas.

Which is in the south.

Which, seriously, has some of the most confused genealogies in existence. Thankfully my family's been completely pure, but in all seriousness there is a ridiculous amount of retardation in certain back-woods regions.

Literal retardation.

sadkkf
05-07-2008, 11:42 AM
Sorry for butting into this rather foreign thread (again) but I live in Arkansas.

Which is in the south.

Which, seriously, has some of the most confused genealogies in existence. Thankfully my family's been completely pure, but in all seriousness there is a ridiculous amount of retardation in certain back-woods regions.

Literal retardation.

I certainly don't intend to demean any of our Southern inhabitants and most definitely do not support any kind of stereotyping. But, similar to Tassie residents, some residents from our southern states have unfairly been asked about their relations. "Deliverance" did nothing to help, either. ;)

meshpig
05-08-2008, 07:43 AM
I believe that there was a line in The Princess Bride about you Aussies. Perhaps it's censored out by the Australian government, but it goes somewhat roughly like this:

:ohmy:

POHMy stuff (Prisoner's Of Her Majesty..."Pom"). Bear in mind the US now houses 1/4 of the world's prison population if you want a harsh penal code?

The Colony was a mere runt by comparison.

m

vsele
05-08-2008, 07:59 AM
I'm in the old, quiet Adelaide....and looking for Arch-Vis work....better if permanent .....:D....and , by the way I prefer Tequila....:thumbsup:

sadkkf
05-08-2008, 08:02 AM
I'm in the old, quiet Adelaide....and looking for Arch-Vis work....better if permanent .....:D....and , by the way I prefer Tequila....:thumbsup:

Ah, tequila! My *other* favorite thirst quencher. You a Sauza fan?

vsele
05-08-2008, 09:13 PM
Ah, tequila! My *other* favorite thirst quencher. You a Sauza fan?

Nope....Jose Cuervo Reposada....eheheheheh:thumbsup:

JonW
05-09-2008, 06:15 AM
Hi all, Sydney, I build architectural models both Lightwave & "real" models.

vsele
05-09-2008, 06:46 AM
Hi all, Sydney, I build architectural models both Lightwave & "real" models.

That was a good one:thumbsup:...I like the trees....If you need some help just let me know:D