PDA

View Full Version : garbled image - what did I do ?

OOZZEE
04-30-2008, 05:49 AM
hi, I changed something on my system settings and now getting this garbled image when applying an image map... see attached example.

It's not LW cause same thing happening in other apps.

I can view images properly when its not applied to a poly

I re-installed display drivers but now I am showing I have 5 monitors attached to my system. I tried to delete them in regedit with no success as they constantly re-appear after reboot ( but not sure that is the issue )

any ideas how I can fix this.:cursin:

Surrealist.
04-30-2008, 09:16 AM
What did you change on your system?

OOZZEE
04-30-2008, 09:43 AM
I dont know what I did.. thats the thing. the last thing I did was install combustion 4 and the menus were not showing up so I tried different settings on Nvidia Control Panel to correct that issue but then got this issue.... but now I cant put it back no matter what I try...

Quiet1onTheSet
04-30-2008, 10:58 AM
I dont know what I did.. thats the thing. the last thing I did was install combustion 4 and the menus were not showing up so I tried different settings on Nvidia Control Panel to correct that issue but then got this issue.... but now I cant put it back no matter what I try...

If using Windows XP, try using SYSTEM RESTORE to set your system back to the way it was 2 days ago.

Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore

While not a perfectly clean solution, it may benefit you nonetheless.

Q1

OOZZEE
04-30-2008, 08:12 PM
oh good thinking... completely forgot about that option. I will try it now.

OOZZEE
04-30-2008, 08:30 PM
....and the verdict is ( drum roll please )

YOU DA MAN !! IT WORKED. WOW CANT THANK YOU ENOUGH.

Aaaahhhhh I'm so happy. what a headache that one was.

Where do I send the cheque ? thanks again Quiet1ontheSet