PDA

View Full Version : "Auto" options for Quality and ISS

billmi
04-29-2008, 12:12 PM
I'd like to see the default option for Quality and ISS be "Auto" in which ISS and HQ are automatically activated if there is any scaling, repositioning or rotation applied to the clip.

ScorpioProd
04-29-2008, 02:29 PM
Sounds like a good idea to me.:agree:

The editing program should know if it's needed or not based on what is being done better than the user would.

Quiet1onTheSet
04-30-2008, 10:29 AM
Sounds like a good idea to me.:agree:

The editing program should know if it's needed or not based on what is being done better than the user would.Yeah. Especially since it's kind of easy, IMHO, to get confused over the specific functions and benefits of those two settings called "Image Super Sampling" and "Quality"

Q1

billmi
04-30-2008, 12:51 PM
And thinking more about it...

A possibly less complicated approach to the same basic result would be an "Auto set High Quality and ISS" option in prefs.

Then when a change is made in 3D position or scale, the first thing the control tree routines recording the change do is check the pref, and if it's on, kick the clip up to HQ and or ISS as relevant for the clip. But then the clip doesn't need to be constantly monitored to change levels back if the scale or positions are reset to default, as it would for a true Auto setting.