PDA

View Full Version : Toggle Keyframe back & forth ?

Larry_g1s
04-29-2008, 10:31 AM
I'm going through some animation tutorials where I'm having to use Maya to follow along. One thing I liked about the animation feature was using the "," & "." buttons to jump between key frames. Are there hot keys that jump from key frame to key frame in Layout (like the +<< buttons)? Or can I set hot keys for that? I did a search on the LW docs & on these boards, and didn't see anything.

On a side note, I'm sure Maya is an amazing animation application (i.e. off the shelf industry standard), and I'm sure I'm a bit biased because I've been using LightWave for so long, and I've only played around with Maya for about an 45 minutes, but initially I wasn't very impressed with the work flow & interface. It may have a leg up on LW in the animation tools & functions, but as far as interface & workflow go, I think LW's much better.

tvtom
04-29-2008, 10:39 AM
Shift + Left Arrow/Right Arrow

or just go to Edit Keyboard Shortcuts and do a search for Next key then assign it to whatever you want.

Larry_g1s
04-29-2008, 10:43 AM
Shift + Left Arrow/Right Arrow

or just go to Edit Keyboard Shortcuts and do a search for Next key then assign it to whatever you want.lol...thanks tvtom. I just jumped back on the thread to say I figured it out & saw that you posted. I just started to hack at key combos that I thought seemed logical. I appreciate the reply.