PDA

View Full Version : Question about slowing down a particle animation

Imgaine2000
04-28-2008, 05:28 PM
Hi

I have a multiple particle emitter scene to render and I would like to slow down the whole thing without having to reanimate everything or stretching it in Premiere/aftereffects. I would prefer, minimal to no blurring and extra frame data. Ideally, I would like to re-render everything at a slower rate or with more frames, like a high speed effect.

Tried Timewarp and couldn't quite get it to do the right thing. Also tried increasing fps in General Options, but I think thats just for the preview and not render. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

thanx

hrgiger
04-28-2008, 06:07 PM
You can stretch your animation out in the scene editor which will slow down your animation but I'm not sure you can do it in a linear fashion so it gradually slows down or speeds up.
You could also try duplicating particular frames which will make it appear as if they're moving slower, at least in theory. Haven't tried it myself. I have pulled frames out in Premiere to make it appear as if something speeds up quickly which is a pretty nice effect.

G M D THREE
04-29-2008, 01:42 AM
Are you trying to do something like time ramp or time re-mapping? Take a look at the time warp plug in. That lets you control speed of everything except the camera, with a envelope. It is a standard plug since LW 9 if i am not mistaking.

Or if you are trying to generally slowdown you animation you can increase frame rate! For example if you animation is 30 fps and you make it 60 it would be twice as slow 90 three times and so on. Just make sure you render as image sequence and once finished rendering, make you image sequence into a movie file with the regular frame rate.

Hope that helps. ///

stib
04-29-2008, 02:50 PM
if you're trying to slow down particles then stretching the keys in the scene editor won't work. You'll have to calculate your particles, then save to a file - in the file tab of the emitter properties. Once you've done that you'll see that all your emitter controls will be greyed out, because it's playing back from the file.

Now there's a "playback speed" control on the file tab too. This should do the trick. So you have to save out the motions first. Don't fret - if you need to make changes, just clear the motions, recalculate and save again.