PDA

View Full Version : afterworld>

cresshead
04-28-2008, 01:51 PM
i see ole splinegod's been busy!

http://afterworld.superchannel.ca/

cool concept...good story so far...watched upto episode 8 so far.

calilifestyle
04-28-2008, 02:09 PM
Yeah, is this splinegods work. i didn't know he had anything to do with it. i have to say i enjoy the style. i tell everyone one to check it out. i been waiting for new stuff for some time.

calilifestyle
04-28-2008, 02:11 PM
how come it started over. i have seen them all the way though Seattle.

archijam
04-28-2008, 02:12 PM
Looks great .. slick site there.

Any other LW'ers involved with/following some online series worth catching?

Other than VENUS RISING of course, goes without saying ;)

calilifestyle
04-28-2008, 02:21 PM
Yeah i been waiting for Venus rising. i have few ppl that i sent over to the website. anyone know how come cresshead link only has few of the episodes but if you head over to afterworld.tv you get all episodes. I have one I'm working on....lol, not even close to being done. Maybe i few weeks ill have my concepts up and running.

SplineGod
04-29-2008, 01:27 AM
I was a senior 3d artist on Afterworld.
Quite a bit of it was done in LW and much of the character work unfortunately was in Poser.
Several LWavers worked on it as well as a few compositors, matte painters etc.
The book opening for each episode I did in LW and quite a few other things.
Did I mention how much I hate poser? :)
One nice thing was being able to use a suite of plugins from Denis Pontonnier to get poser assets into LW.
The characters I was able to port to LW I posed and animated using IKboost.
IKBoost came in very handy on some shots where I had to pose crowd scenes. I was able to copy poses between groups of crowds making it possible to quickly stage and render certain scenes that would have been difficult to do otherwise. LW was used alot for modeling, visual fx and a bit of the character work.

Other LW artsts included: Jen Hachigian, Chris Robertson, and Dave Simmons

calilifestyle
04-29-2008, 04:05 PM
well splineGod i have to say even if your not a fan of poser. i enjoyed these net shows. So whats going one now with it. i been sitting around at work waitng for the next bunch

SplineGod
04-29-2008, 09:15 PM
Thanks! :)
THe show for the most part was fun to work on.
I got to use every trick I know with LW which convinced our Art Director (who is a diehard Max guy with some Max books to his credits) to go with LW.

Poser hurt me....

Hopper
04-29-2008, 09:55 PM
Fantastic work and great story line. I really enjoyed that.

I like the site format - I'd love to have the Flash code to that for doing our internal Operations consoles at the office. Our GUI Natzi's wouldn't know the term "human factors" if it bit them in the @ss. They still think overcomplicated CSS and crappy DHTML is the newest thing...