PDA

View Full Version : 2 Intel (Possibly all) Mac Errors

f0ru0l0rd
04-28-2008, 02:08 PM
Good Afternoon,

I have an Intel Mac w/ version 10.4.11. I have Photoshop CS3 Extended.

I have had several issues. First, I was unable to figure out how to register my product, because the help files say go to "Help" Then "About Plugins". Hate to tell you folks, it's not there. When I called Customer Care, the guy just sat on the phone, and kept me on hold... "I'll just have someone call you back when we can figure this out." He hadn't even heard all of my problem. I called Tech Support, and he said "Well, if it's not there under help, you need to contact Adobe." I don't know about you, but I don't have $50 to call about an issue every time I have a 3rd party problem. Guess what... It's under the Photoshop Menu. No where near the help on a mac. Now I might have know that if I wasn't new to a mac, but they developed the plugin for it!
:twak:

I also couldn't connect to the FTP over the weekend. I purchased this product on Friday night, and couldn't access the FTP until Monday morning, for whatever reason.

After FINALLY being able to connect, I get the LWO importer, and install it, and can't get it to work... So I go to re-install it, and find out that it's putting it in its own directory. So I change the location the the Photoshop Plugin Folder, at the end of the install, I get a nice warning message telling me I might have screwed myself, but low and behold... it FINALLY works. :boogiedow
:screwy::bangwall:

Maybe I'm the only one who RTFM, but the manual for the Mac... Sucks.

I hope if anyone has these issues.... the above steps help.

messiah
04-29-2008, 10:26 AM
sorry to hear about your troubles, Ill make sure the mac documentation and support staff get updated on the location and so on.

if you have any other issues dont hesitate to post here.